• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is with the outrageous moderation??????????????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Maybe there needs to be a lounge thread in the Colorado section for guys to bs and post stupid junk and just hang out. I know there is a lounge in Fouled Plug, but maybe the Colorado section needs one for the local guys. It doesn't need to be a sticky. If it is popular it will hang near the top, and if not it will go away on its own. I think guys are just looking for entertainment.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
J-Fly -99,244
LADIES MAN -48,987
GYP M-80 -13,177

hey at least your not -100k like the flyman!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's snowing in Summit today, roads are icy as heck.

PJ, you still coming over for lunch today? I'll take you to the nicest place in summit (as long as you're paying:D)

Drive slow.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Wow so your tellin me that my experience is really -13k?!?:mad:

it won't come back?! Just be there till I bring it back up!?
You were issued a temporary expiring infraction for post content.

That is set to expire on 4th Oct 2009 at 19:46.
Whether or not your past experience points will be restored to you or not is unknown to me. Your the first person to go negative that I have seen, so I am not sure how the system is going to handle you. We will simply have to wait a couple days and see what happens.

But please Understand.
The whole purpose of Infractions is to issue a clear and serious penalty for violating the rules of SnoWest.

The owners of the site want ZERO **** and ZERO PROFANITY on their site. They want to keep this place clean and family friendly.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
..but seems to me ..a good portion of your customers(as in the people this forum is here for)sure arnt very happy with things... ...
There are certainly some members who are very unhappy with every change that has been made. Trust me, I keep tabs on every negative comment made by a member, and even more so when the same people complain about the same thing over and over again.

Here is the reality of the situation.
We have some 34,000 members, of which about 10,500 are highly active right now.

Of those 10,500 we have less than 100 (less than 0.3% of membership ) who have expressed their serious dissatisfaction with the changes made to SnoWest. Problem is, they tend to be loud and obnoxious, and all those that DO like the changes are intimidated by them and choose not to post for fear of getting pounded on, so they all post privately to me by PM only.

So I am stuck trying to strike a balance between the detractors and supporters and the desires of the company that owns the site. When I look at the hard numbers I see the following when I compare the months of September vs. August.

New Members: UP (+43%)

Active Members: UP (+31%)

New Threads: UP (+5%)

Total Posts: UP (+66%!)

Average Posts per user: UP (+68%)

So for all the things that have been implemented that are supposedly driving people away from the site, the hard cold numbers simply do not support the charges.

SnoWest is going GREAT right now, and is growing by leaps and bounds.

NOW, with all that said, it doesn't mean that I am either NOT LISTENING to the complaints, nor am I just IGNORING them.

In every case where I am able to resolve the issue, I do so. I am not here trying to offend members and convince them to leave. But change is always hard, and for some its just plain unbearable.

The #1 issue that is complained about more than any other is the Sub-Forums in the Sled Section. That is clearly "THE" hot-potato on my plate. Those that like it, Love it, while those that dislike it, passionately Hate it.

Problem for me is that the new sub-forums WORK really well! They ARE allowing more and more of our members to come into the forum and find exactly what they are looking for without having to wade through pages and pages of posts that are of no interest to them.

Meanwhile, in response to all those that do not want to go into each of the sub-forums we instituted a BROWSE ALL feature that lets you see EVERYTHING exactly as it was before. That should have solved the entire problem right there. Both groups get what they want. But, those that hate the new layout, persist in complaining about it, rather than using the new tool that allows them to look at it in the old format. So I find myself fighting the same battle with the same people, over and over and over again. Some of them are like a dog with a bone who will never let go of it.

SnoWest is not going back-wards.
Please try to accept that fact.
The forums are evolving right now.

Offer me CONSTRUCTIVE comments on what we can do going forward to enhance and make these forums a better place, and I give you my word that I WILL LISTEN to what you have to say. But persist in demanding that we roll everything back to the way it was and your comments are not going to obtain you much satisfaction.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Chris, with the activity of the forums picking up naturally as the snow is near, can you compare that to real data like last years aug-sept ratings so that we really see what the numbers mean??

Thanks

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
This thread was started specifically about CO moderation which had mushroomed out of control with multiple-multiple thread deletions, post deletions and all kinds of other crazy stuff. The Mod was even going in and changing/editing posts to make jokes, like the smurf girl. People were getting upset..rightfully so.

we have moved on.....but thanks for bringing it up again :beer;

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
You were issued a temporary expiring infraction for post content.

That is set to expire on 4th Oct 2009 at 19:46.
Whether or not your past experience points will be restored to you or not is unknown to me. Your the first person to go negative that I have seen, so I am not sure how the system is going to handle you. We will simply have to wait a couple days and see what happens.

But please Understand.
The whole purpose of Infractions is to issue a clear and serious penalty for violating the rules of SnoWest.

The owners of the site want ZERO **** and ZERO PROFANITY on their site. They want to keep this place clean and family friendly.

Every single member of SnoWest is faced with one of 3 choices.

#1.
They can be an ASSET to the site and help it move forward, grow, improve and be all that it can be.

#2.
They can be invisible, read and use the contents, but not contribute in any meaningful way.

#3.
They can be an obstacle, liability and seek to hinder/thwart the site at every opportunity. Members of this last group will likely find themselves non-members in the very near future.

How does the old saying go.
LEAD
FOLLOW
or get the heck out of the way.

Uh-oh. Which of you deputies wanna hand the sheriff here a citation?

shenanigans.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I think your reaching pretty far on that one.

LOL I have to agree

But it seems like you can cuss/swear until you fall out of favor. If rules are going to be enforced they should be done so evenly without bias.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris, with the activity of the forums picking up naturally as the snow is near, can you compare that to real data like last years aug-sept ratings so that we really see what the numbers mean??

Thanks
I am sure you are correct in large part. Certainly this is the time of the year when the place takes off.

But our new tracking software was only installed in August. We are now sampling all activity every 15 minutes. A year from now I will have some very high resolution data on what is going on in the forums.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The question at hand is whether or not the word "HELL" is considered profane.

Having done a little checking, A solid argument can be made in both directions. Because of that, I will err on the safe side and no longer use that word as an adjective, and will go back and edit it out of that sentence.

My appologies.

Premium Features