• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is with the outrageous moderation??????????????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Well, deleting posts & banning people I could care less about...

BUT LOCKING THE PRETTY PONY UNICORN THREAD?????

That's just plain wrong!

Honestly though, what the F*** is the harm in a stupid thread like that?
Why do we need to be meddling with all the posts/ threads all the sudden?

I know we can't complain to that retard christopher, but seriously why is this such a big deal all the sudden?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
power is only power if you use it ;)

this thread will be deleted soon too.

The moderation is out of control. I have had many threads and posts deleted for little to no reason. Now the General section is going the same way. Technically nothing fits there with all of the subsections so whoever has that job is going to be busy.

It seems that every thread/post will now be up for judgement and deemed worthy or not by one person?

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
That changes pretty easily.

When the stupid overmoderation here gets out of hand, people go looking for other places, that's a forum that would work well for the local group.
I know I am a Mod, but has anyone thought about how many posts there are per day...and how many are actually moderated.

I am fortunate and have a riding area section where I personally know 95% of the people. So no one thinks I am doing anything for personal reasons...but remember we are volunteering our time this is not a paid gig. Just trying to help out our sport so please be patient these are just growing pains.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Kaleb we have set up a private user group I will send you an invite. It is slow right now but when the snow flies activity will pick up. You can say and do whatever you want without judgement.

Kinda sucks that we have to go this route but oh well. In the end all of the good info, condition reports, pics/vids, and ride meets will be hidden away.

anybody else want in send me a pm and I will forward you an invite

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I know I am a Mod, but has anyone thought about how many posts there are per day...and how many are actually moderated.

Well,

in this subsection I would say that a rather high percentage of the posts are being moderated right now, MUCH higher than is needed or wanted.

A thread may be stupid, it may be a bit confrontational, but as long as it isn't nasty I see absolutely zero reason for one to be locked, deleted, or messed with in any way.
If it's a dumb thread, it will disappear pretty quickly if no one is interested.

And let's be honest, EVERYBODY is interested in a unicorn/ my little pony thread.

btw, I think nearly all of the regular posters on here know each other personally, so I don't see it as an attack on anyone in particular, just a problem with the new style of moderating.

Last edited:
H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
i just about fell outa my chair laughing when i saw my little pony puking all over! funny shat! i don't see the problem with any of these threads. if you dont like it dont read it or comment about it. maybe OBAMA is involved?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
FYI, this forum has not been moderated in a day and a half. I was gone yesterday so if something happened it wasn't me. I just read a couple things and sent a few PMs to Skibreeze and then logged off.

And to the accusations regarding General being moderated, WRONG! I know that no posts or threads were deleted, infracted or locked, Just some threads relating to sled videos were moved to the video section.

I know some stuff happened around here yesterday but it was happening while I was in Summit County, away from any computer working. I don't have a 3G smartphone so internets don't happen while I'm at work. There is a stealth Super Mod and Christopher does not know who did anything, I already asked.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
who is the mod of the general section? I was wondering why threads were getting moved around.

I want to ask what is and is not allowed there? It seemed the vids belonged there since they were snowmobile related? But with all the new subsections nothing would belong there. The general section has way more viewers than most of the subsections so I could see why people would prefer to post there instead.

Just trying to figure out all the new "rules"

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I am the general mod. There have been complaints about video threads inthere when they should be in the video section. Nothing was deleted, there were no bannings, no warnings, no infractions, just a simple move.

If you think about it, getting info on videos is actually easier to find what you want if you just go to that 4m.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know we can't complain to that retard christopher, but seriously why is this such a big deal all the sudden?
Here is my suggestion.
GET A LIFE.

This is the COLORADO FORUM.
Try keeping your posts in this forum on target for COLORADO and maybe the moderator won't touch them.

In the meantime PJ, move that thread down into the forum where it belongs. It might not need to be closed, but it does need to be moved.

Premium Features