• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is Snowest so slow and unavailable so much lately?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
It seems like every other time I try to sign in I get a "database error" and then sometimes when it's working it's super slow. I made a post at work today, clicked submit, went and got coffee and when I came back it was still working on submitting. What's the problem?

F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site
It seems like every other time I try to sign in I get a "database error" and then sometimes when it's working it's super slow. I made a post at work today, clicked submit, went and got coffee and when I came back it was still working on submitting. What's the problem?

Everyone is thanking each other..... We'll get back to you later....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It's 100% MY FAULT!

Over the last week we have been load testing the servers and beginning a process of optimization on all the data on the forums. Last night the servers were offline for a couple hours as part of this.

Last night we saw server loads exceeding 400% of capacity.!

I hope by the end of the week we will begin bringing down the load on the servers as many of the behind the scenes modifications start bearing fruit in terms of performance.

HANG IN THERE.

I do think it will get better in just a couple more days.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
These outages need to be scheduled in advance.....Please submit a change request.

...and thank you.
Ya, Sorry.
It wasn't planned to be an outage at all.
But the Server load is SO HIGH that anything even remotely intensive is causing it to lock up the forums while processing, even at 1:00AM last night.

These forums are VERY BUSY, and appear to be increasingly so on a weekly basis now.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
It's 100% MY FAULT!

Over the last week we have been load testing the servers and beginning a process of optimization on all the data on the forums. Last night the servers were offline for a couple hours as part of this.

Last night we saw server loads exceeding 400% of capacity.!

I hope by the end of the week we will begin bringing down the load on the servers as many of the behind the scenes modifications start bearing fruit in terms of performance.

HANG IN THERE.

I do think it will get better in just a couple more days.

My apologies.........................I likely accounted for 390% of that:eek:

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
post_thanks.gif

Hit it.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Ya, Sorry.
It wasn't planned to be an outage at all.
But the Server load is SO HIGH that anything even remotely intensive is causing it to lock up the forums while processing, even at 1:00AM last night.

These forums are VERY BUSY, and appear to be increasingly so on a weekly basis now.

Well then, I would suggest that you concentrate more on making it snow. Once that happens you will be able to "tweak" all you want. We will be riding.:D:D

My apologies.........................I likely accounted for 390% of that:eek:

You need to find a horny and desperate Eskimo then.

Yes, please schedule the outages from 2-5 am, this prime time stuff is really screwing with me!

Well, something has to besides your motor.;);) You gonna hang with us at the Show in a few weeks? Sure would like to see ya.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We tried to upgrade the Database Server this afternoon.
The parts did not work.
Have ordered new parts, and they should be here by yeusday next week.

Once installed, things should get better.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
We tried to upgrade the Database Server this afternoon.
The parts did not work.
Have ordered new parts, and they should be here by yeusday next week.

Once installed, things should get better.

New parts are always good. When Optimus Prime got new parts he kicked everybody's azz.

Premium Features