• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse Apex Race Kit 174

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
SOLD

Many of you may know Zeb's sled from MMM8. He is a good friend and I bought it the day he put it up on here as we found out the builder of my apex motor did a terrible job and my motor was a time bomb. I rode it 4 times, put a new track and front end on and now want to do a different project. Zeb was a little humble but I believe this is the fastest mtn sled out there. I never understood the concept of too much power but this sled is absolutely stupid. I have a turbo M1k that hasn't lost to another 2 stroke and has beat more 4 strokes than it has lost to and it is not in the same area code with this sled. I have ridden with many other very fast Impulse sleds and I only know of one that is even close. If you want the fastest sled around this one may well be it. Plenty of power on 17lbs to climb anything in any depth of snow and you can turn it up from there to show off

2007 Yamaha Apex Impulse Race kit
Motor:
Je pistons:
Carrillo Rods
Ported head
Arp Head studs
Cam timing
New block/head/crank/cams/valves/springs, etc and all the other engine parts when the motor was built it was built with EVERYTHING new. Block, Cams, Crank, Head, Valves, springs, retainers...everything except the valve cover and oil pan.

Motor was pulled apart in the summer and pistons looked perfect.

Turbo
Impulse Race Kit
Custom Billet Tial 3071r
4" Ported intake (Only Impulse sled with 4" intake and ported)
Updated intercooler mount
Prologger
Surge tank (fuel tank and surge tank will hold 12.5 gal)

Clutching
Supertips
bwb primary spring
14.5 rollers
Dalton Secondary
Purple spring
Avid drivers

CR 174" M10 set-up coil over rear/air front
Tunnel/mounting brackets/rails
174/2.5" camo extreme
Timbersled Barkbuster front end with floats

Bling
Tunnel is powder coated "ink black". It is black with a very slight dark blue in the right light. Professional polish pretty much everything, intercooler, intercooler brackets, fuel sump tank, Risers, cr side plates, cr rails...

Other:
Boss seat
billet 8" wheels
billet 8" risers

In the pics it has a CR hood but it didn't fit well so I have a stock black hood on it.

As mentioned new 174X2.5 with literally 28 miles and a new Barkbuster front end with maybe 4 rides. I hated the stock front turning radius.

Sled is flawless. Zeb pulled it apart in the summer and put it back together with a new chassis with only 300 or so miles on it. I just prefer the Nytro chassis so I am going for the Nypex but with this same motor build.

20k firm. Over 35k in parts alone

I live in No Utah and would meet someone to ride it. I also have friends that travel to Revy who may be willing to deliver. Not interested in trades

101_0952.jpg

101_0951.jpg

101_0953.jpg

Last edited:

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
This sled flat out ripps! If I did not already have one I would be all over this deal. You couldn't even begin to build this sled for that price.

T

tuning forks

Dec 27, 2007
Would like to know if sled is still for sale, able to transport to Canada border? Regards,CW.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Buyer changed his mind. 17.5k firm. Zeb just went through it. Changed oil, plugs, coolant, fuel lines and went over everything. If you want the fastest sled out there here it is

Last edited:
Premium Features