• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Closed Thread

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Hey guys the thread was unlocked the second I saw this post. It was in a different place to begin with. If you would have taken the time to go look at the thread you would have seen that it was opened already. I have apologized up and down there is nothing else I can do.
I'm just here to help I have always said that. I moved this here as well. I could have deleted it and you would have never known it. I believe I am a stand up guy even when I am in the wrong. As I was here obviously.

Before I do anything with a thread I contact the person that started the thread. If you were not contacted by the mod of the forum that your thread was in just PM him and ask what happened.

As above it was I. I was the only one there to do it. Who else would I say. I won't say he said to do it. That would not be right to blame someone else. So I own up to my mistakes. That use to be a good thing. And I fix my mistakes that also use to be a good thing. So what are we teaching the kids of tomorrow; that when you make a mistake blame it on someone else? Caues if you take responsibility for it you will be torn apart in public for it.

And rocking the boat does not always make the boat go faster. Most of the time it just slows it down even more.

Thank you for keeping this a clean forum.

Last edited:
S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Hey guys it wasn't about me at all.
That isn't the point at all, the point is that you locked it because you felt that the discussion was over and there was nothing further to be added. Yet aren't we a group of people that say "Use the Search instead of starting a new thread every XXX days about the same subject?" How are they supposed to continue with old threads if the mods are locking them simply because they feel the topic has been discussed as far as it needs to be discussed?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Stop beating the horse

Stop beating the horse its dead...

You know I think we all need to appreciate SW Forum. I went on Planet sand last night mainly because I have a sand rail I need to move. So I joined check out the forum and hate the layout but it will not let me look at pics or post or really any thing but look. So as I continue to look its going to cost me $25 to even see a picture or post a post. Wow I think we all ought to be thankful for SW and the job that is done to make it the best on the web for snowmobile-rs to communicate and discuss related topics. Maybe we need to start charging the whiners so they can appreciate what they have:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap.. Sorry guy's just a joke please don't attack me for that.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com

You know I think we all need to appreciate SW Forum. I went on Planet sand last night mainly because I have a sand rail I need to move. So I joined check out the forum and hate the layout but it will not let me look at pics or post or really any thing but look. So as I continue to look its going to cost me $25 to even see a picture or post a post. Wow I think we all ought to be thankful for SW and the job that is done to make it the best on the web for snowmobile-rs to communicate and discuss related topics. Maybe we need to start charging the whiners so they can appreciate what they have:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap.. Sorry guy's just a joke please don't attack me for that.

I've made a donation just a few months ago so by your description I'm entitled to whine. :D

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX

I like how this guy thinks.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Couple things for all of you to ponder over.

All of those who are Moderators VOLUNTEERED to do so.
Every single person on the forums was invited, out of 33,000 only about 40 sent me a reply and offered to help.

Almost all of them have never been moderators before. They are LEARNING. All of them will make mistakes.

When you attack these guys, and flame them in public, should it come as any surprise at all, that they are going to try and defend themselves? If you have a legitimate concern, try just sending them a PM and asking them about it in private. Chances are VERY GOOD that your problem will be resolved in short order. Most of what I do on SW is in direct response to Private Messages that roll into my in-basket ALL DAY LONG.....

There are a small group of members on SnoWest that complain over and over and over again on the same things. Who simply will not let go of an issue, and want to beat it to death. Those same people are rapidly being classified by all of the moderators on the site as little more than PITAs. And they should not be surprised that when they finally come up with a legit beef, that no one listens to them because they have been crying Wolf for far to long.

Every single member of SnoWest is faced with one of 3 choices.

#1.
They can be an ASSET to the site and help it move forward, grow, improve and be all that it can be.

#2.
They can be invisible, read and use the contents, but not contribute in any meaningful way.

#3.
They can be an obstacle, liability and seek to hinder/thwart the site at every opportunity. Members of this last group will likely find themselves non-members in the very near future.

How does the old saying go.
LEAD
FOLLOW
or get the heck out of the way.

Christopher. With an attitude like that I predict Snowest will die a slow and agonizing death. I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, mainly because I don't care much for the changes. By this time of the year I was normally on here every night. Never said a whole lot but read a whole lot. Locking a thread because some moderator feels it has no more useful purpose and nothing more can be added is a joke. Unless the thread has gone way south and name calling and threats are going on then the members of the forum should be allowed to let it die. As they have done for thousands and thousands of threads before you and your 40 moderators came on to the scene. You need to remember one thing Christopher. I understand that Snowest owns this forum, but it is truly the people who belong to this forum who allow it to exist, without them there is no need for you or your 40 moderators. Your number 3 group reminds me a little bit like Russia. If you don't go with the party then you will be exterminated. People don't like threats like that. And for the top dog of a forum to make those threats, in my mind, is way out of line. So if what I said classifies me in group #3, feel free to carry out your threat. Because I have always been a man who was never afraid to speak my mind regardless of the consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
Christopher. With an attitude like that I predict Snowest will die a slow and agonizing death. I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, mainly because I don't care much for the changes. By this time of the year I was normally on here every night. Never said a whole lot but read a whole lot. Locking a thread because some moderator feels it has no more useful purpose and nothing more can be added is a joke. Unless the thread has gone way south and name calling and threats are going on then the members of the forum should be allowed to let it die. As they have done for thousands and thousands of threads before you and your 40 moderators came on to the scene. You need to remember one thing Christopher. I understand that Snowest owns this forum, but it is truly the people who belong to this forum who allow it to exist, without them there is no need for you or your 40 moderators. Your number 3 group reminds me a little bit like Russia. If you don't go with the party then you will be exterminated. People don't like threats like that. And for the top dog of a forum to make those threats, in my mind, is way out of line. So if what I said classifies me in group #3, feel free to carry out your threat. Because I have always been a man who was never afraid to speak my mind regardless of the consequences.

I started the thread, I had a constructive comment to make on the thread. I agree with Skidoorulz. Christopher, If you want to ban me for trying to help out a fellow sledder, go for it. I was surprised for the closed thread, this place changes so fast how do you know what is going on. Unless you got nothing else to do.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
stupid-people-shut-up-c117515861.jpg

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
I think Chris and the Mod Squad should take a little break from it all and let the forum roll. It's getting pretty silly. Long time guys that have been on here forever are not sticking around (me included). I used to be on here all the time. It's too fractured both in set up and membership.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know you are trying to make the forums a better place christopher and that you believe the changes you are making are for the better, but not everyone shares your belief, and a few aren't shy about stating it.
You and I both know the difference between CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM from someone who really wants to make things better, and just plain old *****ing/Moaning/Whining.

I get a TON of Private Messages.
Probably more than any other person on SnoWest.
And most of them are asking for help with this feature or that issue. One by one I try to respond to every one of them.

When one of them raises a legitimate issue with a change that we have implemented on SnoWest that I am able to address and rectify with an additional change/modification, I DO IT!!

But when someone decides that they want to use the forums as their personal bully-pulpit to launch an assault against SnoWest or any of the volunteer moderators, then don't be to surprised that their so called suggestions don't carry much weight. And when that same small handful of people say the same thing over and over and over and over again, in forum after forum, doing their absolute best to sow discontent all across the site, then they are likely to engender a heightened level of displeasure from the administration. But again, that can't possibly come as a surprise to anyone.

There are no new rules on SnoWest.
Just old rules being enforced for the first time, and a very small vocal group of members that believe that SnoWest, which owns and operates this site, has no business in setting the policies or agenda for their own business site.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I started the thread, I had a constructive comment to make on the thread. I agree with Skidoorulz. Christopher, If you want to ban me for trying to help out a fellow sledder, go for it. I was surprised for the closed thread, this place changes so fast how do you know what is going on. Unless you got nothing else to do.
Why on earth would I ban you over this?

I have not banned a single person from SnoWest since I started, and you haven't done anything even close to deserving to be banned!

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
Well I guess I am a whiner, I want this as my bully Pulpit according to you. Other people got frustrated with this, I am obvisaly not the only one. To hell with spelling. So I will now shut up and end this. I here all the people cheering.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Thread

As I read this post I think of my kids in the back seat on a long tip.
Dad she hit me, he hit me first and on and on and on and on the good thing is I can walk away from this thread.

Its a good thing we can do this out in the open so as every one can see.

There is nothing wrong with your opinions but can you see how a PM would have been nice.

Last edited:

snowbikekits.com

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
LEAD Group 1
FOLLOW Group 2
or get the heck out of the way. Group 3

I like it!

Thanks to all the mods for keeping the site going! Nice work. ;)!

Premium Features