• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This place is SLOOOOOOW!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Tonight saw a new all time high on the server.
We hit a load factor of 21.

SnoWest is hosted on a corporate server at Harris Publishing. This server is shared by all the sites of the corporation. And a huge percentage of the server goes to supporting all the other sites which are coded in ColdFussion, and running the old FuseTalk forums.

Problem is, while we are the most active, and generate the most demands on the server, we do not have the resources to meet the demands.

So week after week we are seeing our loads go higher and higher as more and more people log back in to SnoWest.

Tonight I turned OFF some of the mods for 2 hours to see if they had ANY real impact on the server, and the answer was NO. Our load continued to jump up and down WILDLY all night long. Fast one moment, and grindingly slow the very next.

Hang in there with me and we WILL get it resolved.

Are the powers that be not willing to dish out the cash to upgrade the hardware or what?

Maybe we can get a member donation going?

F
Sep 6, 2009
Man i started reading through this section and somewhat "playing" around on here at different times and have yet to see it grinding slow? I dont know anything about servers or hardware or all that crap but for a free site and myself being on about a 6 year old gateway laptop, seems nice and quick....I'm a paying member on cumminsforum.com, go check that site out if you wanna experience SLOW, and back off these guys some:beer;:beer;

Premium Features