• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 XM Improvements vs. 2013?

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Just wondering what the actual improvements are over the 2013 Summit XM model year? We have 2013's but would like electric start and a longer track so considering trading one sled for a 2014 but it looks like the changes are graphics without any significant changes? Thanks for your input.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i see no advantage to ever having a throttle by wire, more cost and more parts to break!!! just one more thing to go wrong when your miles away from the nearest road...

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Can't argue with a 4 year warranty! We will likely keep ours for another year since no significant changes and then look at it again next year. I am surprised they didn't change anything beyond graphics. Certainly agree it is a great sled with a great engine.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
They will probably have a modified oil tank to increase the distance between the tank and the fuel pump nipple. I wish they had done it that way for the recall. With the gas tank shimmed my panels don't fit quite right.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
From a local dealers site.... Didn't "snopes" it, so take it for what it's worth...

"There are some very exciting upgrades for the 2014 Summit X 800 E-TEC besides BNGs. that starts with new handwarmers with 50% more heat at idle and a little more heat if you want it while riding. The gauge now notifies you when you over-rev so you can mess with the sleds brain when you adjust you quick clickers too far.

We've all had that ahh-hah moment when the ECM allows full performance setting after the break-in period. Now then gauge will countdown and display what percentage of break-in period is left. The sled will also beep at you now if you leave the parking brake on."

O
Nov 15, 2012
From a local dealers site.... Didn't "snopes" it, so take it for what it's worth...

"There are some very exciting upgrades for the 2014 Summit X 800 E-TEC besides BNGs. that starts with new handwarmers with 50% more heat at idle and a little more heat if you want it while riding. The gauge now notifies you when you over-rev so you can mess with the sleds brain when you adjust you quick clickers too far.

We've all had that ahh-hah moment when the ECM allows full performance setting after the break-in period. Now then gauge will countdown and display what percentage of break-in period is left. The sled will also beep at you now if you leave the parking brake on."

I wonder if some of these software features will appear as an update to 13`s as well.. Shouldnt be anything else than software i would guess.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
Why whouldn't they down size the oil tank as they burn very little. 1/2 the size would be lots. IMO
Less weight again and more room under the hood. No more broken nipples.

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
Why whouldn't they down size the oil tank as they burn very little. 1/2 the size would be lots. IMO
Less weight again and more room under the hood. No more broken nipples.

With the way i ride my etec burns half a quart more oil in 50 miles then my friends pro does. I prefer the large oil tank.

Thought i read some where they got away from the anti ratchet drivers for the 14's.

Premium Features