• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KMOD skid?

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I'm throwing around the idea of putting a KMOD on my sled. It's a '13 162" LE. Is it worth getting the full kit over the conversion? I'll be going with raptors either way. I have a 3" sitting on my garage floor that I'll be throwing on at the same time. Otherwise mostly stock sled. I've read lots about them and really liking the sound of the skid. How are the trail manners? I only ask because we have some long trail rides in some places to get to the good stuff.

S

smv sledhead

Nov 26, 2007
SE Idaho
I had one. Probably the smoothest ride ever, but it broke on me a couple times. Kevin very quickly replaced parts tho. It seems to really drive into the snow and keeps your track hooking up. I also think it repels buildup better than any other. I sold it but I miss it. I'd take another one.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
If your going with Raptors- buy the full skid with Iceage rails

they are 5x stronger than stock and only $350 compared to the price of the full Skid with Raptors. maybe Kevin will swing you a deal on his used full Kmod on his sled for sale. he posted he would drop the price and remove the skid

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I bought the Conversion in october -very pleased with it

on my Twisted turbo, 250HP 3"x 162"

Hooch88

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
i have one with an almost stock 800, it is well worth the money...rides awesome and it will keep you on top of the snow better than the stock skid...best money i spent on the sled so far!!!

Premium Features