• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Board Traction?

J
Nov 14, 2010
I'm in the market for some additional tunnel grip and snow removal for my 2006 Polaris Switchback and am currently trying to decide between Rox SledTreds, Better Boards, Snow Eliminators, and WRP Mountain Tuff running boards. Anyone have some insight on what's best? Thanks!
progress.gif

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
I agree on the BB's. I know Rob makes 2 or 3 different gauges of board for the IQ Raw (for strength), might be worth a call to em to find out if they do the same for the 05-06 IQ.

The one thing I will say that's superior about the WRPs is the extra height their logo adds for riveting area. But, check each hole up there before you drill it...some of them can't be used due to track interference.

Lastly, regardless of what board you use, spend the extra money and get some Q rivets. The rivets that come with any of the boards just don't hold, especially in the side of the tunnel where they're constantly being stretched.

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
installing running boards

I installed a set of after market boards that I got from the local dealer that had made up. They are the same as the better boards. When I installed them I also used a polyurethane caulking to assist with securing the boards on. So I am sure they will never come loose. Just an idea, will see this season how they work.

Premium Features