• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Never owned a ski doo new summit question

S
Nov 11, 2014
I have a 19 154 2.5 summit. My question is when I let off the throttle it feels almost like engine brake. But I know it's not. Just wondering why it does not roll after letting off throttle. Almost seems like track is too tight or the clutch is back shifting. Not sure if this is Normal for ski doo. Thank you

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
The effect is caused by the clutches. Since the roller secondary, skidoo’s have done this. Super sweet for going down steep mountainsides. Once you get used to it you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it.

Polaris and Cat will do it also, just not as noticeable, can be made more so.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Wouldn't hurt to check that tension. Dealers like to crank em pretty tight, figuring the average customer's gonna ride it and forget about all that maintenance jazz

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Track tension is super tight this year out of the box. I set mine up from the crate, they have been right on for years, but this year both my sleds were stupid tight. Noise from them and excessive braking.

Premium Features