• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lazy question for ya...

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Anyone know the gear set ratio on a 06 M7? And are the gear set BD offers any lighter that the stockers? Thank all..
G.:beer;

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
the ratio for just the stock (57/63 gears) diamond drive is 2.47 BDX offers gear sets with ratios above and below this.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Be advised..

I dont know what direction your lookin to go on your gearing, but remember that re-gearing is going to affect the way your secondary shifts. Lower gearing will put less load on the secondary, which will cause it to shift out faster. This in turn will put more load on the engine.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Well PJ I wanna gear down somewhat, add a 800 kit,and some other goodies.. basically just want some bottom end snap out of it, as that's the type of power my style of riding lends itself to... so I got thr lightweight driveshaft and brake rotor etc, to speed up response... stock 700 bore is nice when wide open, but sure lacks in the bottom as we all know..
:beer;

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Think I have it narrowed down to RKT (have his head already, would save me some dough there, lots of positive feedback) and speedwerx (have their pipe/can etc and lots of other goodies, always have gotten very good service). Only drawback to the SW kit is they recommend staying above 4500 feet, but I DO occasionaly ride below that so.... prolly a 60-40 split in Kelsey's favor at this point...

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I dont know what direction your lookin to go on your gearing, but remember that re-gearing is going to affect the way your secondary shifts. Lower gearing will put less load on the secondary, which will cause it to shift out faster. This in turn will put more load on the engine.

Nope, it does not put more load on the engine. Gear down... you will like it and your clutches will run cooler and belts last longer.

Premium Features