• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Next Stage Gauge Reflash

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I have a 2016 M8000 and was considering the Next Stage Reflash for a few different reasons...help with gas gauge accuracy, adjust speedometer for driver size change, and coolant temp. I have read on here a few things about the reflash, most seem to be positive while a couple were negative. Anyone done this in the last year that would be willing to share your experience?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Mine works.
I like having the AFR and engine temp . Several trip meters, one for season total and another for daily total. Fuel gauge is much more accurate. The clock function would have been cool if it retained the time, i paid extra for the 9v battery so it would, that didn't work.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I was trying to see exactly what the AFR does. Does it actually help tune the air fuel mixture or what benefit does it have?

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Ok, kinda what I was gathering but wasn't certain. The flash seems to be a relatively low cost improvement for a number of issues... just don't want to create any new issues. Thanks!

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Yep, dont know that I need the AFR since I dont think I will be installing a fuel controller or modding the sled in that manner.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
I did it just to have coolant temp. Nice to see air intake temp too. Bought the clock battery also. It worked for the first winter. But after that it quit working. Totally worth it in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
totally worth it , dont waste the money for the clock, mine never worked.
knowing the water temp is golden.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Very happy with it as well, 4 yrs on sled with AFR and no issues, used the AFR to fine tune a nitrous kit. Might turbo it this summer and like the AFR built in. Didnt do clock.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Decided to go with it...I paid for the update, have the address to ship to. Do I need to provide any additional info in the package? Didn't get a response back when I sent an email off to them inquiring about what if anything I needed to include in the package.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Decided to go with it...I paid for the update, have the address to ship to. Do I need to provide any additional info in the package? Didn't get a response back when I sent an email off to them inquiring about what if anything I needed to include in the package.

Well that’s horse chit. I would wait for a response.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

No phone number you can call?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008

Izzi's good people. It won't hurt to call. I did. He had my info and knew what was up. He was also very informative on how to set some things up.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Bought the clock battery also. It worked for the first winter. But after that it quit working.

There's a 9V battery that you can replace to make it start working again. If you remove the top cover you can get to the battery.

...the clock, mine never worked.

I don't remember anyone ever reporting the kit not working. If you'd like to get it working I would suggest:
1) Make sure the 9V alkaline battery isn't dead.
2) Remove the cover of the battery box and verify continutity between the negative terminal and any ground on the sled.
3) Reseat the pin in the connector.

My guess is that #2 is the issue, specifically that the splice tap failed.

Just responded to you this morning. I usually respond within 24 hours, but during the off season I get lazy. I believe your response time was 35 hours. Sorry about the horse ****!

Also, there is a number to call that is listed on the website. I don't usually answer since this is kind of a side hussle, but my response time is a day or two (email is faster frankly).

I've actually reflashed almost 800 gauges over the last 5 years. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to reflash a gauge, and it's kinda scary when I add up how much time I've spent disassembling and reassembling those things.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Izzni did get back with me on any additional information needed which there wasn't really needed other than a change I was interested in. I didn't intend to get any negative responses aimed at Izzni from my post so I apologize to Izzni for that...just wanted to get it off in the mail as soon as I could but didn't want to send it short of any info needed. Izzni was responsive given the off season and I look forward to my improved gauge coming back. Thanks Izzni.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I didn't intend to get any negative responses aimed at Izzni from my post so I apologize to Izzni for that...

I just wanted snowmow to chill out ;)

And to let you know you weren't just sending your guage out into the darkness.

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
I plan on doing this and a question I have is;

When u put the gauge is diagnostic mode and toggle to water temp, the numbers u are seeing are not actual water temp numbers correct? They are just some kinda resistance or voltage type numbers and are off from what actual temp is.

So when the reflash is done, do u incorporate some sort of algorithm or change something to show actual temp or close to?

Also, I’m in your area from time to time for work. Do u have a drop box of some sort? What info should I leave with the gauge? Thanks

Premium Features