For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Currently: watching the weather
BC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond repute
Default T3 Tunnel split from rock

2015 Summit X T3 163, crossed a 5ft wide small creek runout on the trail up but when the skis hit the incline on the other side she spun out a bit & after lifting it up the icy incline noticed all my coolant spewing out on the snow. After removing the clutch cover I saw that my front heat exchanger was caved in & the top portion of tunnel above the drivers under the fuel tank was badly split in 2 places about 3" long each. Has anyone seen or dealt with this & how did you repair the tunnel.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Currently: premium member
summit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond reputesummit800 has a reputation beyond repute

Need pics

Old 01-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of years ago that happened to a buddy on a xp crossing a creek. A rock got caught in the track an took the front heat exchanger out.
Gotta be careful crossing those creeks and water ditches.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Currently: watching the weather
BC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond reputeBC_mtn_rider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
Couple of years ago that happened to a buddy on a xp crossing a creek. A rock got caught in the track an took the front heat exchanger out.
Gotta be careful crossing those creeks and water ditches.
Yes, definitely a hazard as I found out! Same thing happened to a guys 17 850 & he needed a new tunnel but he was insured & was down for a month. My dealer has the sled & tear down starts this week where we can asses damage more closely. I'll take some pics.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Currently: Sled season!
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Does the sled have a skid plate? If not, the coolers are pretty exposed to this sort of damage. A friend of mine hit the bank of a creek crossing and the cooler was removed completely from the sled.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:26 AM
Buchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond reputeBuchholz56 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's 14 was totaled doing the exact same thing. At first looked like only the cooler and tunnel was damaged but after the dealer started tearing into it found out both rear motor mounts were sheared off and badly damaged. Driveshaft was also bent. Good luck

Old 01-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Currently: Dooin the Snowdance
Bendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Same here...

New tunnel/bulkhead. You know a skid plate prevents that! It overlaps and rocks cannot hook on the exchanger that way. Happened to me on my first ride on my 2011 E-tec. No insurance and the skid plate was in the shop. Just a quick rip Saturday. "I'll get insurance on Monday". FML. I fixed it my self. I just bought the front module and changed the pieces I needed to if I remember correctly. But yours is a little worse than mine was. It did rip the exchanger right out though.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
New tunnel/bulkhead. You know a skid plate prevents that! It overlaps and rocks cannot hook on the exchanger that way. Happened to me on my first ride on my 2011 E-tec. No insurance and the skid plate was in the shop. Just a quick rip Saturday. "I'll get insurance on Monday". FML. I fixed it my self. I just bought the front module and changed the pieces I needed to if I remember correctly. But yours is a little worse than mine was. It did rip the exchanger right out though.

A skid plate does squat when a rock is sucked up in the track.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Bendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn’t why this happened though! Look how it’s opened up from front to back. Skid plate would have prevented that guaranteed.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:49 AM

I suppose if the rock was actually in there and pushed down from the top it could do that. But that was not the case for me. Look at the scars on the bulkhead plate.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register