• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad injector?

G
Feb 19, 2011
A code came up for my 07 M8 saying I have a bad injector. Can this be solved with an injector cleaner or should it be pulled out? And how do you know which one it is?

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
First thing i would do is check to see if one of your injector wires is pinched, burnt or shorting out.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is rare for an injector to go out. Like stated above check the wires from the harness to the injector. I see a few of them from time to time that are rubbed through on the fuel rail. You can also simply OHM test the injectors to confirm whether they are good or bad. If they test good you know that you have a wiring harness issue.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Sounds like a short.... Bad injector wouldn't normally come and go like that. As Racinstation stated I would look for a short.

srxs

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2010
Bad Injector

My 09 1000 crossfire showed no codes and the ohms test showed the injectors were good. The whole winter was spent trying to get this machine to run. It stumped three dealers. It ended up bad injectors. The only time a code showed up was when the pcv was hooked up and the dealers would not check it out. So check the injectors they do go bad

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
just check your spark plug boots as well..!!!..they can give the running symptons you indicate and a loose or bad spark plug boot gives off bad codes that are actually false

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Do you run a fuel controler ?
Have you figured anything out ? I battling a similar prob.

Premium Features