• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prototype finished

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Finished the proto today and everything seems to fit perfect other than some fine tuning on the final pattern. Going to make a run of 162's to start.

What do you guys think?

IMG_2117.jpg IMG_2115.jpg IMG_2113.jpg

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks,

The brackets are stock length, the hole in the picture is the bottom one. I am adding a bit more length to the bottom of the bracket.

With the kit there will be a machined collar to make up for the bracket thickness on the rear suspension shaft.

Pricing for the 153 and 162 will be the same.

It looks like I can sell them for $ 400 cdn.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
That looks very nice! Is that a short track Nytro or a MTX that the tunnel ext. is installed on?

Last edited:
C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Why do you guys design tunnels with cropped off running boards? In powder snow, the snow gets flung up by the track and fills the running boards, and in spring snow and on the trails you get pasted on your backside by snow balls. Also, it's weaker from the end of the running board back. Sure looks cool though

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Its a mtx with the tunnel extension off.

As for the snow buildup issue and weakness.

Look at Polaris Cat and Doo's 09 mountain sleds and they all have cutback tunnels. Even yami and the xtx is cutback.

I can find no weakness in my extension compared to stock.

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
gas rack

How many guys gas put jerry cans on the back?

Thinking adding some plate underneath where most cans would sit. What would be the most common holder?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Nice !!! So are you still selling them at the Edmonton show? How hard to install? Will the drop bracket fit a timberland kit with or without timberland drop bracket? Seems like i won't need the timberland drop bracket as this is all in one drop bracket and tunnel ext? Thanks for any info as I'll be at the show and would like to try this kit. I also carry a gas can on the back will it hold up?

Thanks

Trav

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Travis sent yo a PM

Here are the pics with the 153 in the 162 extension.

IMG_2121.jpg IMG_2119.jpg

Premium Features