For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Currently: El Nino?
Basic Member
James6000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1997 Powder Extreme, Opinions Please

Thinking about buying a couple of 97 powder extremes, any issues with that model year motor? 600cc triple, altitude compensating. They have very low
miles. Thanks for any advice guys and gals. Jim

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Currently: behind rifle sights where you can't see me
Location: spokane, well actually the bustling metropolis of otis orchards
Basic Member
spring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond repute

I bought one last month for $500.00. it was worth prolly twice that. they run pretty hard for a 600, but they need to to haul around a 620lb chassis. the hood reminds me of the top I had on my old bronco. overall for a cheap ride they are ok. stators are notorius for puking, the carbs freeze in the really cold temps, the throttle sensor needs to be jumperd to work ok......that is the bad. they ride ok, but you really can't find a worse sled to get unstuck.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Currently: Not set.
Nubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond repute

Run.....

Heavy, under powered, POS. I had one and it was a POOR excuse for a mountain sled.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Currently: Parking the pro and polishing the CVO..
G-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond reputeG-Force has a reputation beyond repute

I remember snow-checking my 97 Chowder Supreme... thought it was going to be the answer to the S chassis Summits and MXZ (longtracked) doo's my buddies were snapping up..
Alas, the old Powder Excretion was about 50 or 60 lbs heavier than advertised... In hindsight should have left the sled there and forfeited my $300.00... woulda been further ahead at the end of the year lol...
Only good side, I thought (and still do) it was one of the better looking sleds made...
2013 CVO Road Glide
2011 AMG C63 Sedan Sold
"Haywood, who's a convicted felon in the offseason.."

Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Currently: Waiting for the weekend...
Extreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond repute

Snow checked one back in the day... should have left it at the dealer like others have said. Way heavy and had all sorts of issues. Got ride of the altitude comp first thing, put fox shocks on it, better skis, disconnected the throttle position sensors and all sorts of suspension changes. Sled did well on the trails, but off trail it was a dog.

I wouldn't even consider looking at one now. I see people riding them from time to time and it's a reflection of how I must have looked when I was riding them... miserable.