• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gmax helmet

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Great concept! Fog free without goggles . . i like that!! :)

What do these helmets weigh?
Where are the batteries located on the electric shield version?
How long do the batteries last?
How long does it take to Re-charge them?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
these ABOM goggles would be great . . . if there was a nose protector. I dont think that is an option, unless i missed something. At a price of $260 to $270, PLUS another $130 to $140 for heated lenses . . . that should be included!

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
I have one with the electric shield. I like it. No fog, warm, works good, and a decent price.

T
Apr 11, 2018
SE WI
I have an older Gmax helmet with a heated shield I bought 6ish years ago. Great helmets for the money. There are better helmets out there but not for the same price. You get a lot for your money with a Gmax.

T
Apr 11, 2018
SE WI
Great concept! Fog free without goggles . . i like that!! :)

What do these helmets weigh?
Where are the batteries located on the electric shield version?
How long do the batteries last?
How long does it take to Re-charge them?

Shield runs on 12v with a cord you plug into your sled. Works great for trail riding here in the Midwest. I bought a set of the aboms mentioned earlier for when I'm out west in the mountains.

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
this was only helmet i found that visor folds up far enough to also wear goggles if wanted.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Shield runs on 12v with a cord you plug into your sled. Works great for trail riding here in the Midwest. I bought a set of the aboms mentioned earlier for when I'm out west in the mountains.

Having a cord attached from helmet to sled would never work for backcountry riding. For the trail riders, this might just be a good option.

Premium Features