• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidekick vs Sibler at low elevation

A
Apr 11, 2016
i am torn between a silber or a BD?! is anyone out there running these kits in the UP? i do a lot of riding in the UP but also go out west a few times a year. by the way this is for a 2016 Axys SKS

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I've heard that boonedocker reccomends a tial exhaust upgrade to run pump gas at low elevation with the sidekick. That's a $1000 upgrade. If that's the case I'd go with the Silber.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
You will need tial exauhst to run bd at low elevation. Silber sells it with their kit for 1000-1500$ less. Bd makes good kits too but honestly I have two axys w silber on them and love them! When you get 3000 miles on a silber kit w out one single problem you know things are good in the life of sledding.. I would also suggest no matter what the boost is or elevation run 80 pump 20 race or AV to make your motor run better cleaner and last longer... Also got 700 miles on one belt from silbers kit. It's spot on!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I wondered myself but did make it through the season without breaking one. Sled ran awesome all winter!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Couple quick questions for the guys running the Silber kit.

Did you guys do the install yourselves???

How often are you guys checking things like reeds, pistons...etc.?

How many guys running any race gas or AV gas?

Any rear suspension modifications ????

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Installed my self
162x3" Polaris Track
WE Piggy Backs, Polaris snow check shocks

All I did was tighten the RS spring and loosen the CS spring. Climbs anything but is still fun.

With the Axys having the Vforce 3r reeds I will not look at them until I see tuning issues. They should last a about of time, but time will tell. We have over 2000 miles on a 13 with these reeds running 10 pounds with zero issues.

I check plugs and wash every few hundred miles but thats about it. Been running Silber since 13 with zero engine issue.

I do run straight 100av with Klotz uplon.

Last edited:
J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Installed my self
162x3" Polaris Track
WE Piggy Backs, Polaris snow check shocks

All I did was tighten the RS spring and loosen the CS spring. Climbs anything but is still fun.

With the Axys having the Vforce 3r reeds I will not look at them until I see tuning issues. They should last a about of time, but time will tell. We have over 2000 miles on a 13 with these reeds running 10 pounds with zero issues.

I check plugs and wash every few hundred miles but thats about it. Been running Silber since 13 with zero engine issue.

I do run straight 100av with Klotz uplon.

Are you running 10psi at sea level on your Axys?

Premium Features