• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thin riding gloves

97exc

Dec 14, 2008
CO
I ride with the thinnest gloves I can, typically motocross/mountain bike gloves but I've checked out some "cold weather" MX gloves and would like to see some real world opinions on them. Fly makes a couple, the Fly Title and 907MX, FXR has a few and Klim has a couple too. I would like something a little more waterproof, but hate the liners most gloves have (pulls out when you take them off, then makes it hard to get hand back in) since I buy them sized tight. I also don't like if the palm bunches up.

I've tried on the Fly Title and a couple FXR ones, they feel fine in the store but not sure how they handle cold and wet conditions.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I also like wearing the thinner gloves and have several pairs of Klim gloves. I run the Inversion and the Inversion Pro, but when they get wet I also have a pair of the Klim Powercross glove, which is goretex and you don't get wet. It's a little heavier and does have some insulation but no where near what some of the bigger gloves are like.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i have had really good luck with the MSR cold weather motocross glove , but have ridden with klim powder cross gloves the last few years .

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
I bought a pair of the True Adventure Gear Storm X2 gloves for this year and really like them. They're pretty thin, waterproof and have good grip because of the leather palm. I always ride with thin gloves because my hands never really get cold, even when it's freezing cold out.

The past couple of years I've been using the Black Diamond Arc gloves. I really liked those because they had grip on the palms and were fairly waterproof, but they finally gave out and I figured I'd try something else. I've tried the Klim Powerxross gloves and liked them, but they are a bit bulkier than the other gloves I mentioned.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
I use the Fly versions... carry 3 pairs of them with me and then a pair of heavy over mittens along with a pair of heavy gloves for the ride out... they do get wet and on a typical day I will swap them out at least once and then put nice dry warm gloves on for the ride out! Works great for me.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I love my fly title gloves. I use heavy klim gloves for the ride in and out then the fly gloves for the aggressive riding. Keeps my hands warm without sweating.

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I have run the True North Adventure Gear gloves for the past few years. I multiple pair of the Storm X2 and 1 pair of the Powder X2. They are phenomenal. The best part of the gloves is the insides of the gloves will not pull out no matter what. I would suggest these to anyone.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Fox Thermalpaws

A glove I use is made by FOX, the Thermalpaw. Very thin, light, and water repellent. These are my "go to" glove 90% of the time.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Klim inversion pro. Awesome gloves just not waterproof.
I bought the motorfist killswitch gloves last season, awesome fit, comfortable, windproof and waterproof, they also work with touch screen phones! Big down side though, no grip on the bars, down right scary when riding in the trees. The killswitch golves are the only pair of gloves i have that are slippery on the bars and I have ridden with dozens of different gloves.

GS6

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I have worn the Klim Inversion for a couple of years and had no problems. For the cold days I wear the Klim Powerxross. As stated above, they offer more insulation than the thin gloves but are still considered light weight in the insulation department. I've had the pairs I'm running now for 2 years and had no issues. Coming from a motocross background, I like to be able to "feel" the bars as opposed to just holding on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrandonArchibald

Lifetime Membership
Sep 12, 2014
Lehi Utah
The new Klim Powerxross glove is great this year. They are using a new method by Gore Tex called gore grip. What gore grip is is they have bonded all the layers on the inside of the glove to one layer. No more bunching and pulling the liners out. This is an explanation by gore. "The innovative combination of these characteristics has been made possible by a special layered construction which attaches the normally loose layers of the glove to each other, preventing movement between them. They thus provide optimum tactility and better dexterity for a sure grip." This is the first glove I've been able to ride all day in that's 100% waterproof. I usually use inversion pro and inversion cause it's more of the motorcross glove feel but with the new powerxross, sawtelle and summit gloves having the gore grip it gives that tactical feel on the bars you get with a thin glove but you still have some insulation on top to protect from cold. If you like a gauntlet glove the summit glove by Klim has the same gore grip but has no insulation.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Here's what I do

I really like Klim Togwotee gloves. I know not everybody does, but they work great for me.

I have 2 pair. One pair with the liners in for cold ride out. And another pair that are a size smaller without the liners in, for when I'm in the powder. I like the waterproofness (is that a real word?) of them, and I like a glove with a gauntlet to keep the snow out.

If it's a really warm day and sunny, I'll just wear some of the mechanic type gloves, Inversion, WOT, etc.

My riding partner turned me onto this, and for me it's way way better then any of the short gloves.

Last edited:
Premium Features