• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where's the Evo build

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Before you start you review, ask yourself, did I get special treatment because of my position on this forum? Would Evo offer to fly out to help the average Viper owner that might be having issues installing this kit.

Rich, I can tell you that Jim would likely fly out to help someone who is having an issue with the install and therefore dragging Evolution through the mud. He knows his kit works and works well. Possibly installation is not the breeze it should be yet, but when it is correctly installed it works.
I personally specifically flew to Steamboat this fall to install a 1100T kit for a customer. Jim was going to install it when he was there over thanksgiving but he was busy so he paid me to go instead. This is the level of service that you can expect from Evolution. He cares about each and every kit he sells and knows that happy customers are important. The installation is a huge part of the sled working right. Attention to fine details will make the install.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
That's all people want to hear Christopher, the truth. Its great that EVO has stepped up like they have. No body is perfect, but really sounds like there trying. Cant ask for much more, seems the 2015 has thru a lot people for a loop. I know of mcx & evo 2015 vipers with issues.

tbird, I had a piece of junk cpr kit when it came out. Local dealer also sold 3 other kits. Nothing but grief with them. It took alpine/powderlites awhile to figure out about putting a restriction fitting in the carbs for when boost came on. Out west mcx has a good name, but distributor for Canada just sells them. They don't really act like a "hot rod" shop. My dealer went with boondocker, I saw lots of collapsed headers on those, then the oil tank gong show. I have converted my TRX1 to an Impulse header with a mcx intercooler., it worked for awhile then cracked. Also have a nytro with a mcx kit. But I never called out anybody's kit, I said the important part is after the sale is where it matters. But we are all doing r&d for the turbo people.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Before you start you review, ask yourself, did I get special treatment because of my position on this forum? Would Evo offer to fly out to help the average Viper owner that might be having issues installing this kit.

That is a perfectly honest question Rich, and I honestly don't know.
What I do know for certain, is that they did offer to drop in 2-3 times when I ran into issues and I said no, thinking that was above and beyond the call of duty of the manufacturer.

I am pretty confident that EVO really wants this new Turbo Kit to work for their customers and that the guys that are running the "Cat" version do seem to love it.

Snow Willing, I am going to take the sled to Tog next weekend and then write everything up.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I've had good luck with EVO...

That is a perfectly honest question Rich, and I honestly don't know.
What I do know for certain, is that they did offer to drop in 2-3 times when I ran into issues and I said no, thinking that was above and beyond the call of duty of the manufacturer.

I am pretty confident that EVO really wants this new Turbo Kit to work for their customers and that the guys that are running the "Cat" version do seem to love it.

Snow Willing, I am going to take the sled to Tog next weekend and then write everything up.
I don't have a Viper. But I was one of the first consumers in Canada (other then JustBoostIt) to have a Big Chute Turbo on my 1100T. I had talked to Jim prior to ordering the kit from JustBoostIt, and he offered up his cell # if I had any issues or questions along the way. I have had a couple glitches over the past two seasons (very minor stuff), and Jim or Gene have always picked up the phone, whether it be after hours, on the weekend, etc. to help me diagnose whether it was kit related or a Cat issue. You don't get that kind of service anywhere these days... I will continue to support the EVO product.
FWIW, The Cat version is nothing short of impressive - once installed, it is literally a turn key product, with far more performance then I will ever be able to handle.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't have a Viper. But I was one of the first consumers in Canada (other then JustBoostIt) to have a Big Chute Turbo on my 1100T. I had talked to Jim prior to ordering the kit from JustBoostIt, and he offered up his cell # if I had any issues or questions along the way. I have had a couple glitches over the past two seasons (very minor stuff), and Jim or Gene have always picked up the phone, whether it be after hours, on the weekend, etc. to help me diagnose whether it was kit related or a Cat issue. You don't get that kind of service anywhere these days... I will continue to support the EVO product.
FWIW, The Cat version is nothing short of impressive - once installed, it is literally a turn key product, with far more performance then I will ever be able to handle.

Well there you have it!!:face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I Believe Nytroboost want's to know how much boost you run to get 225hp, and with the boost # it's important to know altitude.

I do not know the boost numbers for the 91 octane tune, But Evo is controlling timing as well, this is where the kit can shine. I assume that the boost numbers are not to crazy on the low setting, I would guess under 9 psi.

Premium Features