• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The moment you've been waiting for

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
That could very well be the case. I'm not sure how much input they provide or how much weight their opinion carries in the company. Maybe cat has learned their lesson after the exodus of Rasmussen and Burandt. Dunno.

That would be nice. As much as I'm talking smack about their riding, if cat would listen to SOMEONE who rides trees & technical terrain, it's a plus.

I'd really like to be back in 2016. I just bought a 14, so 15 was out anyhow I think unless I abandoned this thing without adding all the parts I've got sitting here!! :D

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Both times I rode with them they were on stock 2014 m8's and they didn't look like trail riders to me. Maybe you should go ride with them for yourself because I'm sure you won't believe anyone else who thinks they can ride.

Hmm, I don't know a single CAT rider who rides a STOCK sled. The first thing they all do is dump a bunch of $ into it - at least around here they do.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Lot of grumpy non Cat riders in here today.............:face-icon-small-ton

Aint that the truth. I truly believe they realize cat is rising to the top again just like what happened in 07-09. Personally, I have seen at least triple the cats in the mountains this year compared to last. And lots of happy people on here. And I ride with a handful of guys that ride stock cats every weekend. Flame away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
M/XF 7000 uses the same set-up as the Viper, with a fixed mounted jack shaft (no TCL and no concentric bearing in the chain case) and both use Borg Warner gears/chain. Also both use a manual chain tensioner instead of the auto-tensioner.
The Viper has Yamaha clutches while the 7000 has Cat clutches.
Not sure about the 2015 mountain sleds, but I believe that Yamaha and Cat use different gear ratios, probably because of the different diameter clutches I suppose.
I know my XF7000 sno-pro CC came with 21/49 gearing and I think that the Viper XTX is geared slightly taller.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the sled and I think that the Yammy 3 cylinder is a good fit in this chassis.:thumb:

B
Nov 27, 2007
Why do some think the McClure & Kincaid sleds are so special. There is absolutely nothing on them over a regular proclimb other than the name and graphics. When I spend $13000+ on a sled I want my damn name on it

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Why do some think the McClure & Kincaid sleds are so special. There is absolutely nothing on them over a regular proclimb other than the name and graphics. When I spend $13000+ on a sled I want my damn name on it

Don't have to take off the crappy steering post?

But do have to take off the ugly stickers that remind you of all the speedwerx stuff you don't really have on it.

Kind of a wash....... I see what you mean. :D

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Not impressed with the BNG, Glad I got my 14 and even happier that i jumped ship from my Polaris to Cat. Atleast the motor has some sack,without having to mod it.

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
So... UPHILL trail riders.:face-icon-small-win

Got ya :p

You're back there... you might want to tell cat that hillclimb racing has approximately nothing to do with how we ride sleds in the west.

Maybe nobody told them...
I'm not overly excited about the new sleds as I see you are! Why are you on here bi$$$ing anyway? Don't you ride one of those crappy XM sleds? Ya I've ridden a few of those underpowered pigs! So you don't know who McClure or Kincaid are? Maybe you should bring that trail sled of yours out west and let them hand you your a$$. Maybe you've never heard of RMSHA? Or what a class act these two men are! Oh just an uphill trail rider....ummm sure! The other two you speak of that are mountain riders! Like a very smart man once told me " If you can't beat Them buy them" that's what happened. I know Bret personally and have ridden with both him and Burandt . If you think McClure and Kincaid aren't in the same class you're wrong. Have respect for these guys who are in a caliber of rider you will never be! I'm not a Premium member so if you have some smart A$$ remark to make feel free to PM me because I won't see your post!

T

Tre4ISU

Jan 15, 2013
I'm going to note that a real life picture I saw of the McClure sled has Powder Pros on it at the release. I'm pretty sure Kincaid's did as well but I couldn't quite tell for sure.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I'm going to note that a real life picture I saw of the McClure sled has Powder Pros on it at the release. I'm pretty sure Kincaid's did as well but I couldn't quite tell for sure.

Those are actually their machines. AC is just copying the graphics. They've been taking their sleds to multiple shows and have them in the AC booth I believe. LE models based on them was one of the rumors for a while, right? McClure's sled also has a pre-filter sticking out of the hood for the supercharger if you're lookin that close.

T

Tre4ISU

Jan 15, 2013
Those are actually their machines. AC is just copying the graphics. They've been taking their sleds to multiple shows and have them in the AC booth I believe. LE models based on them was one of the rumors for a while, right? McClure's sled also has a pre-filter sticking out of the hood for the supercharger if you're lookin that close.

Ah, I actually wondered that after I posted it. I guess the filter is there but the skis just jumped out at me and it would make sense that they would add some sort of value with the limited again.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
getting better every year....

the 14's work well, i'm sure the 15 will be better....

i like the sno pro colors for sure..

the limited builds are ok , i like the post they are using, the colors not so much.. racinstation said it best (tony the tiger)

but i dont have to buy them so i wont complain or beach about them...

i rode a xm the other day,,, couldnt get back to my heavy a$$ 1100t fast enough

this is my opinion and im sticking to it!!!!

GO CAT!!!!!!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I will stick my nose in here.

McClure and Kincaid are and should be in the same sentence as brett and chris.

They are fantastic backcountry riders and top hill climb racers as well. Their backyard riding area is about as technical as it comes. They ride backcountry 5-6 days a week when they aren't racing.

Ridden with them all. Anybody discounting DMC or RMR as because they hill climb is off their rocker.

Give them a call I promise they will let you come ride with them and I promise it will change your tune about who they are and what they can do. Bring your IB profun and tree saw cause you are gonna need it.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I will stick my nose in here.

McClure and Kincaid are and should be in the same sentence as brett and chris.

They are fantastic backcountry riders and top hill climb racers as well. Their backyard riding area is about as technical as it comes. They ride backcountry 5-6 days a week when they aren't racing.

Ridden with them all. Anybody discounting DMC or RMR as because they hill climb is off their rocker.

Give them a call I promise they will let you come ride with them and I promise it will change your tune about who they are and what they can do. Bring your IB profun and tree saw cause you are gonna need it.

I can guarantee you will need a tree saw when you follow them into a chit hole :face-icon-small-win

I can also guarantee they are two of the most genuine people you will ever meet

Premium Features