• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching problem due to a possible crankshaft bearing

Feb 7, 2014
Alright so this problem has happened to me 3 time once last year and 2 times in one day. So what is happening is the 3 weights inside my ski doo 2005 800 summit h.o. One keeps on coming out between the case on the outside edge. This last year it happened and I had to tow it of the mountain. So i took it to my dealer and they said it was just a bolt holding the weight was sheered so they fixed and it ran fine for 7 rides. Until my last ride it happened again and my crank shaft that holds the primary clutch was loose and we could slide it 3 inches back in forth. So we tighten it and about 8 miles more and it happened again. My question is should I just get it torched to the right setting or my buddy said it could be a bad bearing that is viberatig the crank shaft causing the primary clutch to move unevenly and cause it to come loose shoving that weight out. What should i do?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So the clutch bolt is coming loose??
If thats the case, make sure the domed washer is not flattened out or installed backwards. Raplace the washer and be sure it is domed "out" so the bolt compresses the washer when tightened. If this washer is flat or has lost its shape, the bolt will loosen every time. Make sure the splines on the fixed shaft are not damaged.

Feb 7, 2014
Yes, that is right. I brought it into the shop and they lock tighten it and torqued I hope it doesn't mess up again but that could be the issue

Premium Features