• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 post forward block.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
It's not the adj OR HCR post, it's a different post in a totally different location.

If you look at 9071000's post, in the first pic you can see the original "vertical" location. Go up from there to the start of the C3 block, and you're at the original "standard" location, then it moves that forward again, making it possible to have a taller riser without shoving you back on the sled, and making the post just shy of vertical.

It's not the block that eliminates all the junk, it's the switch to the standard post.

FYI, as you move forward, you need less of a riser, so if you plan to do this, keep that in mind. Most guys seem to feel they need 1-1.5" less riser for a 2" move forward.

I really just wish there was a pic from the side, to see just how vertical that post is after the post forward.

ill try to remember to take a pic when I get home.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone tried the Rox pivot riser to move the telescoping post bars forward some.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Yes this has bin talked about earlier an done. (Me including) had it straight forward 2". Helps a bunch but still keeps the square part of the post in ur junk. This sled REALLY shines when you can stay forward on it and that wasent enough for me. I'll try an get some side pics when ever I have to take my hood off next and side pics with hood on. Might not have to be as far forward on the 14, dosent seem like the complaints about washing out with the new skid position. But I know my 12 in the 13 holes it's a whole new animal being forward with feet burried in wells the whole time. If you slide you feet back even one length she will start to try an climb up on a side hill. Also SO much easier on shoulders with bars way down an forward. When I turn my bars now my brake lever clears the intakes by only a 1/4".

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Planning on installing my 3" post forward soon that I got from bparks on here. Have everything I need except for a riser. I am 6'4". Any suggestions on what size riser I should start with??

Also, does anyone have a copy of the template that comes with the C3 kit to modify the intake??

TIA

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I'm the same height, went with 3 1/2 but have not rode yet. It's low kept my adjustable in the lowest position.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Started install tonight. Anybody have any good pictures of how they modified/mounted the bracket for the servo motor. I thought there was a thread on here or HCS that talked in some pretty good detail on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Look at the other post forward thread on page two. I riveted my back on the new cross member, basically same position as stock. I did not have clearance issues with the post. Only used two rivets.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Got my laydown steering post, 3" block, and new crossmember on. Was able to rivet the servo motor bracket back to the cross member in about the stock location. Question I have now is, I tried putting the steel cover on in the front of the sled that covers the computer but the wiring is getting pinched between the crossmeber and the cover. Do i have the wiring on the wrong side of the crossmeber or do I need to notch the cover?

IMG_20141211_195554_577.jpg

Last edited:

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Got my laydown steering post, 3" block, and new crossmember on. Was able to rivet the servo motor bracket back to the cross member in about the stock location. Question I have now is, I tried putting the steel cover on in the front of the sled that covers the computer but the wiring is getting pinched between the crossmeber and the cover. Do i have the wiring on the wrong side of the crossmeber or do I need to notch the cover?

I had to bend mine a bit to get it fit back in. But it seams good now.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
2.5" I'm running an it's perfect. 6 feet tall. Bars barely clear the intakes. I went up 1.5" more then this an hated it for a day.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Not going to declare true love for this setup yet; need better snow and gripper skis on. But the first date today was great. Really liking so far.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Just finished up my second weekend of riding with my 3" post forward setup. I will agree that its like learning to ride a new sled. I had the stock telescoping vertical post with the 2" rox bar forward setup. I am really digging this post forward setup. First weekend I had a 3.5" riser and went to a 4.5" this time and now I think its perfect. I am 6'4". Wasn't a big fan of cutting up my intake but it was worth it.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I'm using a 3.5 inch riser and want to try a 4.5; 6'4" also.

This setup works really well for me.

Premium Features