• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

153 or 162?

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I like the vids but I'm refering to stock sleds for the most part, high power and turbos are a different game. I still have more fun on the 153 though (personally IMO)

Why would it matter turbo'd or not. For you that shouldn't be a problem cause you already stated that the tm8's won't even take the lines you do! Lets meet up. Actually I will drive to you and we can go ride and I will put money down saying that you will NOT beable to follow me on my 162 tm8!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Everyone should check out my post in the 1100 forum.
Need input on skis.

I'd recommend Rossignol. They make some nice skis.

Hillclimbpro... way to step up... I love it!!!

Went out in my back yard with the Breeeze today... had a killer day, and EVEN though he's on a sally track 153, he & his buddies were a blast to ride with... Always fun to ride with folks that'll push you to have more fun & try new lines.

417937_4862978534392_1085370988_n.jpg

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Why would it matter turbo'd or not. For you that shouldn't be a problem cause you already stated that the tm8's won't even take the lines you do! Lets meet up. Actually I will drive to you and we can go ride and I will put money down saying that you will NOT beable to follow me on my 162 tm8!

and I wont take that bet because you can point it straight up and win as I have stated will happen. But I will make the bet you can't follow me if it means you come up here and ride. I'll even go as far as saying if I win you don't owe me a thing because you showed up, and if you win we can work something out. Or we can can just battle it out and have fun. riding is riding to me and I would love a challenge. This time of year, its about crazy not power so get ready. lets ride.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
and I wont take that bet because you can point it straight up and win as I have stated will happen. But I will make the bet you can't follow me if it means you come up here and ride. I'll even go as far as saying if I win you don't owe me a thing because you showed up, and if you win we can work something out. Or we can can just battle it out and have fun. riding is riding to me and I would love a challenge. This time of year, its about crazy not power so get ready. lets ride.

This time of year anyone could go just about were ever they wanted. It would be more of a show in about 2-3ft of fresh cause that is what this topic is about. I'm sure the op wasn't asking what the best track length for riding on concrete/mashed potatoes was. So when it dumps some fresh pow let me know and I will make a trip and we can do some tree bashin. But if you want to ride in some concrete right now that's fine to, ill just bring the wife's m7 153 cause I won't need to waist the fuel in the tm8 for that kind of snow.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
When you go making bets to me its lets go right now. By the time we got 2-3ft and I knew about it, you couldn't get here fast enough to take advantage of it. So when your ready we will just go make the best of what ever there is available. Still some crazy riding to be done in these conditions though.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Well tell me a time/date and place and let's make it happen. I was saying ride in the fresh cause that's where the longer track will shine and its more difficult in the trees with some nice pow. I'm up for one more ride to cap the season off. So let me know.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Wish my sled wasn't all F@cked up or I would throw my hat into the ring!
Er.... At least run the camera to document this cataclysmic occasion!!

Well when I said that day lets go tree bashin you took it to a whole nother level! You can come along and ride the m7 and shoot vid that way wyoboy can get his own camera guy shooting second person video like he always dreamed of. We just have to wait for wyoboy to tell us place and time and ill pick you up on the way.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Well when I said that day lets go tree bashin you took it to a whole nother level! You can come along and ride the m7 and shoot vid that way wyoboy can get his own camera guy shooting second person video like he always dreamed of. We just have to wait for wyoboy to tell us place and time and ill pick you up on the way.

Yeah. The phrase "tree bashing" sorta implies that you are the one bashing the tree. In my case..... The tree was the one bashing me!!! Or my sled anyway. Poor ol 1100t. May you rest in pieces.... At least for the next couple weeks.

If we hit it on a weekend I could accompany you 2 sled gods.
But it's starting to dry up around here and I will be hooked up like a one legged man in a *** kicking contest during the week. But I got good handheld cameras with excelent zoom capabilitys along with multiple go pros to catch it all!!! If we decide on a date and all!!

That's a LONG drive for you Chris!

What your distance from Cooke wyoboy?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
In my group we all have moments of brilliance. (wow man that line was awesome how the hell did you do that??)

Then 2 hrs later. Same guy (WTF man, how the hell did you get stuck on the trail?)

It's hard to say who's who in my group, we all ride 162's save for one 166.
We all get stuck, we all pull of some good lines, we all look like we're out of control while doing anything technical but were all having a blast.
Can't wait till next winter to hone my skill a Lil more!!

This! Having a group that pushes each other and has a good time on the hill and off is what makes sledding worth the ungodly amt of $$$ we throw at this sport. As I said in post 3, can't wait to go back to my 162 next yr. actually I just can't wait for next yr.

2014 M8000 162
LE orange & black or LE black & white or SP green & white???

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I don't know what the forecast is looking like up in Cooke but looks like the snowys are supposed to be getting some snow today through Friday. The snowys would be a good in between spot for us to meet and throw down some spring riding.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I don't know what the forecast is looking like up in Cooke but looks like the snowys are supposed to be getting some snow today through Friday. The snowys would be a good in between spot for us to meet and throw down some spring riding.

We're supposed to get 1' around here as well... and I'm planning on going to Moab on thursday????:face-icon-small-dis suddenly that seems like a bad idea!

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I wish this lonely flatlander from Indiana had time to come out and show you something to laugh at. You could all be on 121's and me on a 174 and you'd still out ride me. Be happy you have snow and are still riding no matter what the length.

Premium Features