• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary question

L
Feb 4, 2010
SOCO
My belt does not seem to be going to the top of the sheaves in the primary on a brand new 13. Is this due to the secondary not opening all the way? I thought I read somewhere about the secondary being restricted.

L
Feb 4, 2010
SOCO
Sorry just did some searching and started reading about the spacer in the secondary. Is everyone leaving the spacer in or taking it out to get more track speed?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Typically if the secondary is restricted the belt will actually travel farther up in the primary. The 2013 model has the spacer in the secondary which restricts full shift. I believe in removing or machining the spacer down. How far down the sheave is the belt going? In reality you don't want the belt all the way up in the primary because you will have usually passed the point of highest efficiency at that point.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Only ones I've ever seen that go all the way to the top blew belts. If any belt sticks over the top, the belt is gone. Most run around about quarter inch down.

Premium Features