• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gotta laugh..

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Not sure where you got belt #2, I don't know anyone who did.

IF whatever updates they do actually fix the belt issues, then great, but if not, there's still a bunch of folks out there with a sled they can't ride like they want to.

But I'll agree... a blown belt isn't even in the same class as a snapped driveshaft... THAT is a day nobody wants to have!!!!:sorry:

Btw, with no snow here my sled is still an hour away from me, and 2 hrs from the dealer, so I haven't brought it in... I just looked at my letter & supposedly I was supposed to bring it in by Nov 30 to get my extra warranty they claimed that they gave me LAST YEAR... so I wonder how this is going to play out.

I agree 100% I hope its fixed but..?

My dealer called me last week and said get it in before the end of the week. I got to load my tuna boat up at -34* and take it in. Fawk that was cold. At this rate with no snow on the horizon up here, extra year warranty will be wasted. F-ing Awesome!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Bcil, if you read my post

One belt was allowed to be billed with the jackshaft shim update, and one was mailed to you..

I ended up only paying for one belt last year after it was all said and done. And i blew 5-6

-Aksnopro

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
the truth is its sux to lay down 12 grand on any brand and have issues and i have 2 pros 1 hcr and 1 etec in my garage by the way if 12 cats were so good why have most of you went from 12s to 13s then

Because I can.........I trade every year:yo:

C
Dec 23, 2008
There is an evil deep down part of me that likes that the pro is having troubles. And all the new pro riders are running around arms flailing in the air like their church is burning down and not a drop of water in sight. And then in a truly desperate attempt to calm down the hysteria they start a thread about trouble free pro's. Thus its my moment to sit back, relax, and enjoy what can only be called the exact definition of irony. :beer:

Sent via magic

I ride with 5 guys that have 13 pros. All with 150+ miles not one problem. One person mentions a problem they had with there pro and 8 artic cat riders come back over here to talk about it and you some how think 8 people have broken down sleds. The pro rmk 13 is a pretty sweet sled along with the 13 pro climb and etech

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I ride with 5 guys that have 13 pros. All with 150+ miles not one problem. One person mentions a problem they had with there pro and 8 artic cat riders come back over here to talk about it and you some how think 8 people have broken down sleds. The pro rmk 13 is a pretty sweet sled along with the 13 pro climb and etech

You'd be OK with trading sleds with the two guys from one crew in my neck of the woods that both lost driveshafts already then right? I know it's not really a problem... until it happens to you...:face-icon-small-sho

C

cjfox

Jan 31, 2010
SW WYO
service bulliten out from polaris, all fixed under warrenty even if you have installed after market clamps, no cost,charge. DECEMBER 7 pretty good, how many belts did everyone go thru by this time last year? and when did cat finally come out and say "oops" or maybe they waited all year till the 2013 with the highspeed platic washer"spacer" im just glad they know they F**** up and are covering everything under warrenty i know of buddys that still are mad they spent over 800 bucks in belts before they finally got a free one from cat.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
service bulliten out from polaris, all fixed under warrenty even if you have installed after market clamps, no cost,charge. DECEMBER 7 pretty good, how many belts did everyone go thru by this time last year? and when did cat finally come out and say "oops" or maybe they waited all year till the 2013 with the highspeed platic washer"spacer" im just glad they know they F**** up and are covering everything under warrenty i know of buddys that still are mad they spent over 800 bucks in belts before they finally got a free one from cat.

the belt deal did blow. Poo came a fix more quickly simply because it was a much more potentially dangerous F-up.
Now we can get back to the drive belts and motors to pick on. :face-icon-small-hap

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
the belt deal did blow. Poo came a fix more quickly simply because it was a much more potentially dangerous F-up.
Now we can get back to the drive belts and motors to pick on. :face-icon-small-hap

No... they came out with a fix because it was going to cost THEM money, where cat didn't do SH** because it was costing US money. Poo would likely have done the same thing in the same situation though.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
My point being they couldnt ignore the DS issue like cat did with belts. my post was more of a shot against AC that could ignore the less dangerous items.

C

cjfox

Jan 31, 2010
SW WYO

Drive belts cause so many have failed......?:face-icon-small-sho

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Updated driveshafts should hold up long enough to strip cheesy belt drive design and then after that the sloppy loose piston issue making a solid 140 hp --great sled though,

I rather spend a few dollars to drop some weight and maybe skinny up the pc than have to rework the motor and still end up with less on a pro. Chassis weight and handling in one specific type of riding are really the only two things going for the pro.

Last edited:

Diggersdandies

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
What is this, the little kiddie section of Snowest? I don't know why you cat guys care so damn much. It isn't your money. I'll ride what I want to ride and you ride whatever you want. I could care less if you guys are blowing belts. I'm not paying for them. Bottom line is that you're sick of the great reviews from everyone on the RMK and you can't handle it. As mentioned many times before, they're all great sleds and I would ride any one of them. I like my Pro and that's where I'm at right now. If you want to throw stones and bash the Pro like a 10 year old bully in elementary school, go for it. Oh I know, you're just having fun, but wow this got a little out of hand.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
250 hard mountain miles on my pro, not one issue and still the same belt.

Just so ya know. Com'on.

C

cjfox

Jan 31, 2010
SW WYO
My bone stock 13 pro rmk laid it down on two pro climbs with cans clutch keys etc. and yet less hp and more rider weight and still pulled em and there flickable so yea ;) hate if you want and just wish you had the best out there :)

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
My bone stock 13 pro rmk laid it down on two pro climbs with cans clutch keys etc. and yet less hp and more rider weight and still pulled em and there flickable so yea ;) hate if you want and just wish you had the best out there :)

Prove it, cause I don't buy it! I've ridden the 13 and I'm not impressed at all, just a 12 with more problems and more chit to worry about breaking

And do you know what else is flickable?....boogers are!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Prove it, cause I don't buy it! I've ridden the 13 and I'm not impressed at all, just a 12 with more problems and more chit to worry about breaking

And do you know what else is flickable?....boogers are!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Well to his defense the 11-12 Pro is pretty impressive. One thing I notice there must me a lot less Proclimbs out there because the proclimb forum is dead compared to the Proride forum.

I would love to throw a leg over a Proclimb and take it for a rip. I just don't know anyone that has one. They look impressive.

Premium Features