• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Counter Steering

Broncoblue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Boise, Id
Does counters steering with the snowbike play a role like it does with snowmobiling? Is it even possible? Especially in deep snow?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Simple answer.. Yes big time, it takes some practice laying the bike over goes against what most are comfortable with, but once you learn to throw it down, carving is so much fun

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I've found myself instinctively counter-steering in tight turns with the snowbike on several occasions. I don't think you'll counter-steer as often, but in the times you do counter-steer it really helps with bringing the bike back to center. You also won't counter-steer as dramatically as you did on a sled.

T
Nov 24, 2010
I countersteered my sleds in less than deep snow to initiate a turn. But with the bike, not as often. They lay over quite easily anyway. As said above, you can lay a bike over to the point of dragging the bar ends in the right conditions. Its a good thing to practice cause if you go too far youll just spin out. The great thing is you dont get road rash from dumping your bike like you would in the dirt. I have actually oversteered so much I did about a 720 trying to recover from it. It can be a crap shoot where you end up pointing. I just laugh and ride on.

Oz

Premium Features