• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100t not charging

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
Just picked up a 1100t took it out on my first trip and had to walk back to my truck as my battery died in turn killing the engine. Checked all fuses and connections seem fine to me. Anybody else experience this any suggestions ?

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
After boosting and charging battery sled runs fine until battery is drained again.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Make sure dealer did the pdi-- could be a bad battery take it to your dealer that should be covered.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Get a Ballistic lightweight battery.
Saves big weight, doesn't require a trickle charger (holds charge during downtime) and has 3 times the cranking as factory heavy-arse lawn tractor battery...

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
The sled is not charging the battery pdi was done I stood there and watched it I'm up in the mountains 4 hours from my dealer I can charge the battery and sled runs fine till battery dies again.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
There's certainly something wrong with the charging circuit, or perhaps the voltage regulator.

I looked around a bit on my sled just now, and also poked around on the parts diagram. The voltage regulator might be part of the ECU unfortunately. Is there another 1100T that can you trade ECUs for a bit to see if that helps?

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Its the Battery. Change it out for a Ballistic or charge it before every ride. They put a low performance battery with a hi performance engine.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
1500 miles on my sled and I haven't had a battery issue yet, so I doubt replacing the battery will fix it.

It sounds like he's able to charge the battery on an external battery charger and it works fine.

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
I've got 1300 miles of mtn riding and I have to charge mine nearly every ride or it runs crappy. The charging system doesn't work correctly on and off the throttle that mtn riding requires. A constant RPM for like flatland riding works the best.

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
Izzni.

Thx for the input bud. You were rite it was the voltage regulator one of the pins in the connector was not pushed all the way in and wasn't making contact. If you have to charge you're battery every day you have big issues. We have four 1100ts in our group all charge just fine no need to be charged after every ride. I am going to upgrade to a ballistic battery but that was not the problem this time. Thx for all the input.

Premium Features