• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is AC listening, Who's in, Class action for belts

Would you Join a class action to get blet issue fixed and warranty belts

• I think AC should warranty belts and would join a class action for it and a fix

Votes: 73 35.4%
  • AC should warranty/fix but I would not join a class action

Votes: 112 54.4%
  • AC should not warranty but I would join to get the problem fixed

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • No warranty, No Action, No fix, life is life

Votes: 16 7.8%

• Total voters

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Someone needs to tell that guy he shouldn't go so easy on himself. lmao

ganna roast a wolf

Good thing a lawyer doesn't see this, 54 people on board would make a good start. Wonder if cat is paying attention.
They would be smart to get on here and apologize and tell us what they are doing to fix it. That alone would prob drop that number under 10.

Last edited:

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Please, please make this boring, useless, lacking anything of substance thread go away. Face it...Wyoboy spends way to much time keeping this dumb thread alive or shredding the steepest heavily treed mountains of the world to actually take the time and effort to really sue Arctic Cat.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Please, please make this boring, useless, lacking anything of substance thread go away. Face it...Wyoboy spends way to much time keeping this dumb thread alive or shredding the steepest heavily treed mountains of the world to actually take the time and effort to really sue Arctic Cat.

X2!

I Agree 100%.

Fix the belt problem and warranty my belts. It will go away so fast you will forget about it.

Tell then the pressure stays on. Unless you want to give me my 12k back. Either one will shut me up.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
X2!

I Agree 100%.

Fix the belt problem and warranty my belts. It will go away so fast you will forget about it.

Tell then the pressure stays on. Unless you want to give me my 12k back. Either one will shut me up.

man i was thinking of going back to cat next year,id take a less proven motor covered by a 4 yr warranty,then have to shell out hundreds of dollars in belts..:face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:
M
Aug 11, 2008
like it says,

I'm not for a class action usually and think it just makes things cost more, but when your spending 12k and $180 on belts when 350hp yami's have $60 belts that hold up. You gotta stop and say wtf.

So I'm just curious who is to the point and maybe we can get cats a attentions, and actually admit and fix a problem. Some sleds have issues some don't, WHY.

If something isn't admitted and fixed there is a good chance I will say screw it and start modding a pro or XM.

I agree on your first point, lawyers are the lowest lifeform on earth.

Look at Yamaha's secondary clutch, they don't run a heat-building compression-spring P.O.S.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I don't understand why guys are hacking on Wyoboy? I hate lawyers. Hate em. Even when you win you lose. But a class action is effortless for everyone but the guy who puts it together. You just put your name on the list and maybe fill out a questionnaire or make a statement. The guy who heads the thing has to spend all the time in court. If you lose you lose basically nothing. If you win, maybe you get some compensation or a fix of the problem. I don't know exactly what I would do if I was someone who got a belt burner but I wouldn't just bend over. There is a very real problem with these sleds that doesn't effect all of them but too many to ignore. Cat has really done a poor job in every way to fix the problem or even communicate with it's customers.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The thread is a method of opening ears, I'm not going to file a class action (someone might but not me)
I am going to take the easy route, NOT BUY ANOTHER CAT, until they make it right.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
The thread is a method of opening ears, I'm not going to file a class action (someone might but not me)
I am going to take the easy route, NOT BUY ANOTHER CAT, until they make it right.

Maybe you should just sell your too wide, belt burning, sidehill washing out cat and buy yourself a pro. That way you can stop bugging us and start bugging all the pro guys with your bent rails, tunnel, and blown motor problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something else

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maybe you should just sell your too wide, belt burning, sidehill washing out cat and buy yourself a pro. That way you can stop bugging us and start bugging all the pro guys with your bent rails, tunnel, and blown motor problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something else

Maybe you should open your eyes and see that I have fixed all those issues and I have a better sled then both.
The point of the thread is not about what they do or do not do other than the belt issue.
All those pro problems, are less than teh belt prob in the cat and they are covered under warranty other than maybe a bent rail (never seen one in person) so why do I have to pay for faulty clutching.
BTW, I already bug the poo guys too.
And my sled is for sell, I'm ready to build something even better.

You can just keep doing what your doing and let AC continue to bend over customers on $100+ belts and like you they can continue to stick there heads in the sand.

If the sled is great for you, good thats great, I'm happy for you.

R
Sep 12, 2010
I remember when the XP came out they waranted belts until they had a fix. I can't speak to the proclimb but on my RGM1000 I run the 046 and I can't remember the last belt I changed, some time earlier this season. Preatty much any time I look at the sled in the shop I do a clutch allingment, I have a three pull maximum between cool downs. I bought two belts before the season for $69.99 each. Cat needs to step up make a fix, come up with a good belt thats not a sled payment and guys have to be good to the clutches. The 046 is a awsome belt why does the new one have to be $180 cat should step up and and explain why a belt is 250% more expensive and less reliable. Woo you should start a petition for Suzuki to buy back in on cat.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I remember when the XP came out they waranted belts until they had a fix. I can't speak to the proclimb but on my RGM1000 I run the 046 and I can't remember the last belt I changed, some time earlier this season. Preatty much any time I look at the sled in the shop I do a clutch allingment, I have a three pull maximum between cool downs. I bought two belts before the season for $69.99 each. Cat needs to step up make a fix, come up with a good belt thats not a sled payment and guys have to be good to the clutches. The 046 is a awsome belt why does the new one have to be $180 cat should step up and and explain why a belt is 250% more expensive and less reliable. Woo you should start a petition for Suzuki to buy back in on cat.

I'd rather start one that they buy Polaris, But then someone would cry because the pro with a 800 Suzuki would start the biggest snowmobile monopoly to date.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Come on. What's the big secret? You havent been afraid of criticism before. You going soft?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You can't explain something most wont comprehend, Just like me doing what I did on the PC, over 90% of people call bs but actually have no real proof like I do to prove it.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Did I say yet what a great thread this is. I for one understand what you brought to the table Wyoboy. I eagerly wait for your updates to this thread and can't wait to hear more. I can't tell you how much the Snowest-Arctic Cat community thanks you for all the info in this thread. You have done so much good for all us. You should go back and read the thread from the beginning to review all the great info.

I can't wait for the judge to hear your case Wyoboy. In addition it sounds like AC Corporate is rethinking their business strategy after they caught wind of this thread. Everyone is watching what you do Wyoboy.

Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Did I say yet what a great thread this is. I for one understand what you brought to the table Wyoboy. I eagerly wait for your updates to this thread and can't wait to hear more. I can't tell you how much the Snowest-Arctic Cat community thanks you for all the info in this thread. You have done so much good for all us. You should go back and read the thread from the beginning to review all the great info.

I can't wait for the judge to hear your case Wyoboy. In addition it sounds like AC Corporate is rethinking their business strategy after they caught wind of this thread. Everyone is watching what you do Wyoboy.

Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Obviously your obsessed with it and just can't leave it alone. But it might help if you worked on your comprehension at the reading level. Kinda where I said I would never take it to a judge, but it would be grounds if someone did, because its a rip off. So keep obsessing and it will continue to pop up day after day.
Weather AC does anything about it or not or even looks at it I don't really don't care. They can fix it or some of us will switch.

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
food for thought

A statement from a reliable source that makes the belts for cat, there were 2500 bad belts made that ended up on sleds and in dealers.

If anyone noticed that the 083 belts would wear down on the bottem part of the belt first, causing a step from the bottem half of the belt to the cord and up, the best way to keep that from going on, it would be tough for the mountain sleds tho, after the belt gets a step in it, you have to ride it like a ***** for a day to get it flat again.

When the 083 belt gets to much step on the belt, it would want to roll over in the clutches.

have any of you guys running the 084 see this step on the belt?

Premium Features