• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need EFI help 91 indy 500

S
Feb 17, 2012
North Salt Lake
as the title states, I have a 91 indy 500 efi. I just picked up the sled for a couple hundred bucks, along with a 95 indy ultra 600. the 600 runs great. My issue with the 500 is getting the thing running. I have spark, in both cylinders, I ONLY have fuel coming out of the driver side injector though. I can get the thing started, running on only one cylinder. I've changed the fuel in the sled, changed the filter, and am getting fuel to the driver side injector. I thought maybe the injector was bad, till I swapped the injectors left to right, right to left, Still the injector on the driver side is spraying, and the passenger side injector(which was the one spraying before on the driver side) is not spraying at all. I have myself talked into the fact its an electrical problem, but dont know where to go from here. any help would be much appreciated, I am very new to snowmobiles, VERY, but am somewhat mechanically inclined in general.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
EFI

I think you answered your own question. The one injector isn't getting signal to fire. If you have inspected the wiring and find no issues, it's probably in the ECU. It has a trouble light on it that will flash codes. Origianlly Polaris had a diagnostic tool that the dealer had to use with that system. You would have to find one that has been around a while and see if they still have the tool. Polaris was sued on patient infringement and lost so they discontinued using that system. See if you can find a different ECM and try it is another option.

M
Yeah its got to be a signal problem never worked on EFI sleds but in automotive there is a +12v to one side of the injector and the computer grounds the other side. You can take a test light across the 2 terminals and see if you get an injector pulse. If I had a wiring diagram I could help ya more.

Premium Features