• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 XM Prototype

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
I just got back from Lifestyles Honda tonight watching them put together the new XM. Let me tell you this sled looks better in person then it does on the screen! The fit and finish is top notch how everything just fits right into place.I am going to tell you some of the things I notice that Doo to me has improved on over the 12's. The top of the body does really come off and on with 4 bolts and just unplug the gauge cluster, cool! The rounded side panels are made of a more plyable plastic the should take away the white line problem of the earlyer years, and this go' for all the body panels. When sitting on the sled I did notice was how low the cowling was that goes up to the head lights, and the gauge cluster laid flat also. It seems to me that snow will have a hard time packing onto that! When standing, the gauge cluster is in great view just looking down. The bars are a little taller then the 12, but the block riser is shorter, about the same height. The boards on the XM are beefy and good luck bending these! They are wider and the holes are much bigger
wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAF8ALAAAAAARABAAAAfOgF+CggMaKj9HIAaDjF8BIE0eIR8cLRQ8B40BDFYFAAsOEgQCEyOLgwweAgsyXa5dCgRYTwiCBkBbUq+7FUxKNoIMTllexV4QVcZePloDASwFSMpdRMoAQ1wIIgBXxgldGd4LHdnbCrvoXQTkATgYS+mvFQBRXF85EyTg6FBdDgIWMnEJIuDBhQQwurwoUSNCgxBUBAWYsqPBgx4XIEBwEYEABiGZCBmZUcTBA1gSGqSwoKHRgCQUUHwoUIDDiRsxGg0yQMPEhg06uKxgFAgAOw==
no more snow build up. I do really lke how they cut away the side panel to allow a farther foward footing for sidehill or just getting yourself out of a pinch. Looks like to me the can is the same as the 12, put on aftermarket and 10 to 15 lbs lighter. Lets get to the skid and track, this is where everybody want to see and ride. This did make a big differance to me when pulling the sled over. I am 165lbs and standing next to the sled on the ground I was able to pull the sled over on it side very easy. When standind on one side of the boards it came over with very litte effort, when standing like I was riding it I can shift my wieght and lay it over also WOW! Very smooth! This is going to bring alot of smlies to the riders, less effort more ride time! I think this is all do to the new skid and track. The front part of the skid is fixed like all skids but the back of the skid is the part that moves, and with the track the way it is made allows for the sled to roll over very easy. The best part of this is it looks like it can bolt on to the XP, and work! I don't know yet, but I mite get to try XM soon, and If I doo I will let you know what I think about the ride. Just to let you know I did doo a demo ride on the 12 / 163 last week in 3 plus feet of fresh pow and that ETECH is one strong motor and the 12 XP, well lets just say this, its hard to get it stuck, and it does sidehill with great ease and if the 13XM is better
wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAF8ALAAAAAARABAAAAfOgF+CggMaKj9HIAaDjF8BIE0eIR8cLRQ8B40BDFYFAAsOEgQCEyOLgwweAgsyXa5dCgRYTwiCBkBbUq+7FUxKNoIMTllexV4QVcZePloDASwFSMpdRMoAQ1wIIgBXxgldGd4LHdnbCrvoXQTkATgYS+mvFQBRXF85EyTg6FBdDgIWMnEJIuDBhQQwurwoUSNCgxBUBAWYsqPBgx4XIEBwEYEABiGZCBmZUcTBA1gSGqSwoKHRgCQUUHwoUIDDiRsxGg0yQMPEhg06uKxgFAgAOw==
That why I snow checked mine today

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Couple of more things, I did notice on the air intake you can see right thru to the other side, and the filters being vertical, this should be very good in the deep powder days with no snow build up. The seat does sit a little lower and it does get narrow towards the tank, should work good as you lean into the corners sitting down. Please Doo just make the seat all black including the back storage area, and yes the seats can fit on the older XP's. The back flap is made out of pliable rubber the will seem to bend when needed but stay in place to keep the snow dust down for the riders in back of you. I did notice this same type of rubber on the 12 Cat when I rode this last weekend the bowed in and stuck strait up and out, did not look like this will do this. The XM does pull over very easy, and it mite give the bigger guys a little learning curve on not pulling or leaning into to much or they will be on thier side, but the not so big and heavy riders are going to really like it. Sorry about the long postings, just trying to put out some info on the XM from just a weekend rider who like many others are looking to pick up a new sled this next season. If you get a chance to see the XM, Doo it! It is impressive

snowhunter1

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
XM up close.

I-90 Motorsports is bringing an 2013 XM prototype to the Alpine Assasins movie event in North Bend this Saturday the 25th!! @ The Pour House 7PM

I am stoked to check it out!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I want to sit on it while watching the movie. Is that an option?

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
2013 Sleds

Good luck kids!(with the stickers) If you would like to see the sled now we have it here! We also had a chance to spend 2 days riding 2013's in Sicamous BC already 2 weeks ago these things are awsome you guys are going to love them. please feel free to stop by here at the shop or Northbend this weekend to see it! Also just to be clear for those of you who listend to me about the Ski-Doo demo rides they are going to have 5 2013's sleds for you to ride. The days here at blewett and stampede are full now.

IMG_20120224_130020.jpg IMG_20120224_130030.jpg

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
saw the sled at i-90 nice new side panels and runningbords,looks like the can from 2011 2012 will fit. they did a great job of fit and finish on the body and used high quality rod ends on the t-mo skid.should hold up just fine. if any of you are in no.bend go to the pour house at 7 and see it, who knows remmy mite even let you sit on it! the sled....

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Good looking sled! Thanks to I-90 for bringing it to the snow and letting us take it for a spin. I think there will be some happy Doo riders again next year.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Rode the xm today. This sled is gona be the top dog of the market! It was still in breakin mode and the wide open power was top notch!....the ease in roll over was remarkable, and it would cut through other lines in the snow like a poo pro. With the proven power of the etech motor and the new skid,,,, this sled will dominate the technical terain with power! Not sure about the clutching as it was in breakin mode, but wide open had superb power and felt much stronger then my 2010 x...... Roosterbuilt will have fun with this one!

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
They probably won't even let you in! Especially if you are wearing "the shirt". :nono:

Was at the pour house and told mtn Mike I was gona Win fhe helmet.... I did.... Anyone need a small helmet? Got one foresale......ha ha..................And I was wearing a ski-doo shirt, and passed out stickers that came with the helmet. Great day of riding, and cheers to all that supported a great night at the pour house!

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
here are my thoughts on the XM

first off i want to say that i love
the M series. i have been ridding
one for 5-6 years. i am very
comfortable with it and know just
how it will respond every time.

as for the XM, i was intrigued by
what i heard they were doing with
the rear susp. and track. i was most
definitely interested in getting some
time on one.

let me tell you this sled looks to be
a dominator. from the moment i got
on it, i was comfortable. it pulled over
as easy as my M. it feels light, very
flickable, and the power was solid.
for those that dont know me, i am
SUPER picky and i love this machine.:face-icon-small-hap
running boards kick butt too. for
comparison i jumped onto a 2010 XP
right after and could tell a huge
difference. not nearly as easy to throw
around imo.

sorry i was so long winded here, but like
i said, i love the XM.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Brew did you ride the XM today?

Just for a few minutes. Across a lake, over a few whoops, up a hill, steep sidehill for about 200 ft, and back down.... In about 18" of fresh.
Then took my 12 on the same route.... The differences are subtle but all positive. Less input needed and less throttle as well since it stays on top better.
Its going to be a great sled, no doubt about that.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
The first time you jump it what bends? Why are the bars so far back?

Don't see this sled having a week point. They didn't shed a bunch of weight like the pro. The pro will be the sled to watch crinkl due to the pop can tunnel and other things they do to shed weight.

Premium Features