• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tired of all the cry babbies

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Can we all pitch in and buy wyobitch100 a Pro so he shuts the **** up?

hmmmm......................blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

M
Nov 30, 2007
Snow Country
I feel for the people that are having problams. this is the chance you take when buying a first year sled Knowbody held a gun to your head and made you drop 12 grand. I took the gamble along with thousands of other people without a demo ride. I guess Im just one of the lucky ones thats not had any problams. But theirs way to many people on this fourm cry babying that dont even own a pc. For the ones with the problams. I sure hope cat takes care of you, If not I would never by from them again. thats wy I havent owend a poo for the last 11 years. I think alot of the problams are self inflicted like the guys burning the cluches through the side panele first thing they do is pull all the foam out from inside the sled trying to save half a pound and take the fan off the clutch. that foam is their for a reason. ps . Would sure like to know hoo is deleting posts off this fourm and and dont have the stones to let you know, or tell you why.

LMAO! Hahahaha. You are really showing your lack of understanding snowmobiles man. That foam is there for a reason. It's there cause of noise restrictions that are imposed on the manufacturers. All that foam just gets soaked and wet when you ride all day then when you park your sled at night it freezes and now you have a bunch of frozen heavy foam on your sled for the next day. But don't remove it man cause it's there for a reason. Hahahaha. That's funny. Clutch fan, really. Something that's never been on a sled, but don't remove it man. Do these engineers actually ride snowmobiles, or are they just a bunch of desk jockeys? We ride in snow, snow dust gets in everywhere cause we ride in snow. Now you have some fan blowing all this snow directly onto your belt. Brilliant! Prob looks good on some computer screen. Ya don't remove or change anything on your sled cause it's there for a reason. Your killing me man!
I have the right to cry like a little baby, I spent 12000 dollars for that right. It's mid feb, new 2013 cats get released in 2 weeks, yet they still haven't found a fix for the belt issue. I haven't cried about anything till now, yet my sled started to pull cords on my first belt at 50 miles. Second belt was pulling cords at 80 miles. All I here is a bunch of rumors about how cat is on the problem and has a fix. I've heard this same thing for over a month now, yet still no fix. It would go a long way if cat would acknowledge to us the buyer that they are working on the issue. But all they do is show a cold shoulder to us people that gave them a chance and spent our money on there product. Ridiculous! Most of us feel like they just don't care and that there is no fix coming. If we want a better running sled then buy a 2013 is all I'm seeing. If cat cared about the people that spent money on there product then we would have had a fix already. Or at least maybe an email or a letter in the mail saying there are working to resolve the issues.
Do you even own a ProClimb? Or better yet a Cat? I haven't seen you on here posting about how perfect your ProClimb is and how much you love it. You prob a own an older M8 chassis, right.. Yet your upset about all the people that are upset cause cat has given us ZERO feedback about our problems with the new sled. Send us all an email saying they are working to resolve the issue. Nope, nothing. I think we have earned the right to cry like little babies!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Word has it that Cat had the PC out there for three years testing it. Cat must have had LOGCHAIN and the twenty one people who thanked his first post as test riders. Cat either ran non-PCs as test sleds or they didn't have "RIDERS". They had "YES" boys and girls.
Now when you go to flame me remember it was CAT that recalled 19,000 sleds. It is what it is. If it were not for the people complaining about the sled there would be no fixes or improvements. When you have a problem with a sled you do a search. That search results in someone complaining then people who know something are helping them.
Next time you have a problem feel free to ask for help from everyone BUT ____________ ___________ __________. (FILL IN THE BLANKS)

I, for one, would like to hear the opinions of WYO,BCL and the many others like them.

L
Dec 13, 2008
LMAO! Hahahaha. You are really showing your lack of understanding snowmobiles man. That foam is there for a reason. It's there cause of noise restrictions that are imposed on the manufacturers. All that foam just gets soaked and wet when you ride all day then when you park your sled at night it freezes and now you have a bunch of frozen heavy foam on your sled for the next day. But don't remove it man cause it's there for a reason. Hahahaha. That's funny. Clutch fan, really. Something that's never been on a sled, but don't remove it man. Do these engineers actually ride snowmobiles, or are they just a bunch of desk jockeys? We ride in snow, snow dust gets in everywhere cause we ride in snow. Now you have some fan blowing all this snow directly onto your belt. Brilliant! Prob looks good on some computer screen. Ya don't remove or change anything on your sled cause it's there for a reason. Your killing me man!
I have the right to cry like a little baby, I spent 12000 dollars for that right. It's mid feb, new 2013 cats get released in 2 weeks, yet they still haven't found a fix for the belt issue. I haven't cried about anything till now, yet my sled started to pull cords on my first belt at 50 miles. Second belt was pulling cords at 80 miles. All I here is a bunch of rumors about how cat is on the problem and has a fix. I've heard this same thing for over a month now, yet still no fix. It would go a long way if cat would acknowledge to us the buyer that they are working on the issue. But all they do is show a cold shoulder to us people that gave them a chance and spent our money on there product. Ridiculous! Most of us feel like they just don't care and that there is no fix coming. If we want a better running sled then buy a 2013 is all I'm seeing. If cat cared about the people that spent money on there product then we would have had a fix already. Or at least maybe an email or a letter in the mail saying there are working to resolve the issues.
Do you even own a ProClimb? Or better yet a Cat? I haven't seen you on here posting about how perfect your ProClimb is and how much you love it. You prob a own an older M8 chassis, right.. Yet your upset about all the people that are upset cause cat has given us ZERO feedback about our problems with the new sled. Send us all an email saying they are working to resolve the issue. Nope, nothing. I think we have earned the right to cry like little babies!

say what you want about the foam and the fan, I left mine in I have 900 miles on the origanel belt. I have not melted my clutch through the side panel and not melted the underside of my hood but if your worried about a couple of pounds of water then pull it all out. but dont cry when you start having problams.

L
Dec 13, 2008
Where have you been, I measured all three, front of running boards
Pro 29" and tappers up to get wider
M 30"
PC 33"
XP 35"

If you don't think the steering needs fixed, there is not a single person anywhere around here and most on this forum that wouldn't like more steering than the stock pc
all your comment prove to me you don't understand what I am getting for my riding style

If you like the sled, great I'm happy for you

For me they need to either make a new model (like a HCR) that is backcountry specific. I would prefer a cat but if not the pro has the functions and ability to go a lot farther. Don't get me wrong I think its a helI of a sled, I've had a lot of fun on it. It just can't take it to the next level. Makes a great girls sled.

Heavier, don't kid yourself they all break and have weak points.

Read the post I said body width 1" narrower than the m, not the board wdith you wanted me to answer your questions I did. But you dont like my answers because their not what you like. Just because thats the way you want things dont mean everyone wants it that way. Not every one can be brain washed.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Word has it that Cat had the PC out there for three years testing it. Cat must have had LOGCHAIN and the twenty one people who thanked his first post as test riders. Cat either ran non-PCs as test sleds or they didn't have "RIDERS". They had "YES" boys and girls.
Now when you go to flame me remember it was CAT that recalled 19,000 sleds. It is what it is. If it were not for the people complaining about the sled there would be no fixes or improvements. When you have a problem with a sled you do a search. That search results in someone complaining then people who know something are helping them.
Next time you have a problem feel free to ask for help from everyone BUT ____________ ___________ __________. (FILL IN THE BLANKS)

I, for one, would like to hear the opinions of WYO,BCL and the many others like them.

A lot of people make the assumption that Cat listens to and obeys everything the test riders say. The finance, engineering, production and marketing guys just use the testers for input.

Cat stock is up, sales exceeded target and for the majority of guys the sled performs well. They already had delivery issues so do you think that they were really open to more last minute design changes? Not if you know much about business. I can't ride as well as most here but making business decisions is another thing.

Buy a Poo and get it over with if that's what you want. Me, I like being the 'black sheep' amongst all the Poo sheep already out there!:face-icon-small-ton

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Logchain, You are clearly one of the most brand loyal, brainwashed people I have ever seen. Just because you haven't had issues does not mean there are none. Not sure what little cubby hole you live in and how well informed you are, but you dont seem to get it. People have the right to "whine" as money is hard to come by these days and we just want a little value for our dollar. The numbers dont lie and there is ALOT of people disapointed with cat. Anyone who owned a first year sled can admit is a little diconcerning when putting your money down. Will it work or wont it? It is not new to "whine", as every brand has had its fair share of issues.

Not sure how old you are, but reading your posts makes me feel like I am reading my eight year olds homework. Spell check is great but it doesn't help with crappy grammar. I can't take you seriously because I feel you are someones kid that sneaks onto your dads computer and talks about stuff that, really you have no idea about. That is the beauty of the internet.

Two strokes are here to stay in the mountains. Lighweight is the way, and no 4 stroke will ever handle like a two stroke. Simple physics. The first factory turbo is awesome yes, but it is not changing the way the game is played. Look at yamaha, all 4 strokes and loosing market share in the mountain segment. They are an incredible machine but will never replace the agility of the lighter machines other than on the straight, or not too technical runs. Dont see too many videos of guys boondocking in the tight trees with the 4 strokes. Not that it cant be done, just takes alot more effort. Hillclimbing is a different story, Yamaha turbos own that one, no argument here.

I have only ridden one PC800 and unfortunately it was boosted and didn't get as much time on it as i would have liked. It has great potential, and I wouldnt hesitate to own one once they have some of the issues resolved.

You my friend, need to grow up a little and see things for what they are, instead of trying to convince yourself, and everone else, that CAT is the only way.

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
say what you want about the foam and the fan, I left mine in I have 900 miles on the origanel belt. I have not melted my clutch through the side panel and not melted the underside of my hood but if your worried about a couple of pounds of water then pull it all out. but dont cry when you start having problams.

I don't care how ignorant this makes me sound. If you don't have any rubbing then you do not ride hard enough end of story. If your on a semi steep sidehill where the panel is getting pushed in, it is going to rub.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
This is crazy! A person goes out and spends $12,000 of their hard earned cash on a new sled. First year model, last year's, whatever. There a few basic things they should be able to expect if it is a mountain sled designed to run in the steep and deep. Seems logical that you should expect it to run in powder snow without filling everything under the hood with snow, ice, and water. It should be able to run at least 400 miles on a belt in hard running, especially when it has a new component touted to make that particular thing (belt life) outstanding. It should have a clutch set up that doesn't look like a rookie hand machined the faces with a chisel. It should have enough clearances to the extent that moving parts don't eat into non moving parts. It should have enough clearances around the exhaust system so that plastic parts aren't melted by the excessive heat. WTF guys, if we don't get those kind of basic things we might as well give this whole deal up. There is no way these sleds were tested in powder snow, ever! These are BASIC things, it should be a no brainer for anyone who rides, that it is expected that a new sled can at least pass muster in these areas.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Rode with 4 12 cats yesterday, one of which I took the time to re-mount his skid (it was in the lower rear hole for some reason???), reset his shocks, and make the ride 100X better for him...

2 of the 4 had SERIOUS belt issues, the two that didn't were my wife who is 6 months pregnant, and a guy along who wasn't pushing very hard. This is at high altitude, so it's not just AK having problems.

The issues are real, people have a REAL reason to bich, as compared to someone who starts a thread about how inconvenienced he is by reading some other people's threads.:violin:

As to the fact that there is a 4 stroke in a mountain chassis...

THOSE OF US WHO RIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS & RIDE A 2 STROKE DO NOT GIVE A SH**

They did this to save money... there's no benefit to any of us riding an M800.

Doo has a 1200 in a "mtn chassis"... can't say anyone I know with an XP gives a poop about that either.

The day they design a real mtn sled with a 4 stroke, that weighs less than 40 lbs more than the competition, I'll be on one. Until then, EVERY ONE i know who went to a 4 stroke has come back to the cat 800 or a PRO.

btw...

2012 M800 20 hrs & 100 miles after getting done riding

430024_2670328759518_1295088056_32117633_1923052172_n.jpg

2011 cat, same deal.

421920_2670715889196_1295088056_32117878_677332910_n.jpg

add that to the extra weight that the 12 cat has on the pro...

btw, great day yesterday, 2012 handled wonderfully, ran great... good sled.

L
Dec 13, 2008
Logchain, You are clearly one of the most brand loyal, brainwashed people I have ever seen. Just because you haven't had issues does not mean there are none. Not sure what little cubby hole you live in and how well informed you are, but you dont seem to get it. People have the right to "whine" as money is hard to come by these days and we just want a little value for our dollar. The numbers dont lie and there is ALOT of people disapointed with cat. Anyone who owned a first year sled can admit is a little diconcerning when putting your money down. Will it work or wont it? It is not new to "whine", as every brand has had its fair share of issues.

Not sure how old you are, but reading your posts makes me feel like I am reading my eight year olds homework. Spell check is great but it doesn't help with crappy grammar. I can't take you seriously because I feel you are someones kid that sneaks onto your dads computer and talks about stuff that, really you have no idea about. That is the beauty of the internet.

Two strokes are here to stay in the mountains. Lighweight is the way, and no 4 stroke will ever handle like a two stroke. Simple physics. The first factory turbo is awesome yes, but it is not changing the way the game is played. Look at yamaha, all 4 strokes and loosing market share in the mountain segment. They are an incredible machine but will never replace the agility of the lighter machines other than on the straight, or not too technical runs. Dont see too many videos of guys boondocking in the tight trees with the 4 strokes. Not that it cant be done, just takes alot more effort. Hillclimbing is a different story, Yamaha turbos own that one, no argument here.

I have only ridden one PC800 and unfortunately it was boosted and didn't get as much time on it as i would have liked. It has great potential, and I wouldnt hesitate to own one once they have some of the issues resolved.

You my friend, need to grow up a little and see things for what they are, instead of trying to convince yourself, and everone else, that CAT is the only way.

I dont give a s--- if you like my spelling or grammar. You can call me all the names you want Im sure it makes you feel better. Hell I feel like im back in school again. I guess I am brand loyal. Cat has allways taken care of me on any warranty problams, something poo dident do back in 2000 when I bought a 2000 800 rmk used, with 500 miles. At 850 miles I lost the crank they would not honor the warranty because I was not the origanal owner. I fixed it my self and dident go around crying over, and over, and over again to anyone that might listen and hope that it would fix itself. rode this sled for 1 more year and put a second crank in it and sold it. I dought I will buy another poo. If cat did that to me I would feel the same way, but they havent. I never said anything about a 4 stroke handeling like a 2 stroke. just said I think the 2 strokers are on their way out. We probably never thought they would ban 2 strokes from yellowstone either, but they did.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
We were at Seeley Lake yesterday and they had a semi load of poo sleds for the demo ride. I am not saying there is going to be a problem with the belt drives but the sled I opened up the side of had belt debris spattered all over the coolent bottle and the area where the drive belt area is. Also find it pretty funny that people from this demo ride are talking about how well this sleds handles. The group never seemed to leave the little area around the warming hut. See lots of folks on the poo section talking about how chitty the snow was in Seeley too. We only saw two people in the areas away from the warming hut and the snow was pretty damn good everywhere except around the warming hut..

L
Dec 13, 2008
Rode with 4 12 cats yesterday, one of which I took the time to re-mount his skid (it was in the lower rear hole for some reason???), reset his shocks, and make the ride 100X better for him...

2 of the 4 had SERIOUS belt issues, the two that didn't were my wife who is 6 months pregnant, and a guy along who wasn't pushing very hard. This is at high altitude, so it's not just AK having problems.

The issues are real, people have a REAL reason to bich, as compared to someone who starts a thread about how inconvenienced he is by reading some other people's threads.:violin:

As to the fact that there is a 4 stroke in a mountain chassis...

THOSE OF US WHO RIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS & RIDE A 2 STROKE DO NOT GIVE A SH**

They did this to save money... there's no benefit to any of us riding an M800.

Doo has a 1200 in a "mtn chassis"... can't say anyone I know with an XP gives a poop about that either.

The day they design a real mtn sled with a 4 stroke, that weighs less than 40 lbs more than the competition, I'll be on one. Until then, EVERY ONE i know who went to a 4 stroke has come back to the cat 800 or a PRO.

btw...

2012 M800 20 hrs & 100 miles after getting done riding

430024_2670328759518_1295088056_32117633_1923052172_n.jpg

2011 cat, same deal.

421920_2670715889196_1295088056_32117878_677332910_n.jpg

add that to the extra weight that the 12 cat has on the pro...

btw, great day yesterday, 2012 handled wonderfully, ran great... good sled.

wow thats a real good complaint. that might take a hole 10 sec, to kick that off. I have never once tried to make anyone think that I was the best most extreme rider on this fourm, like some do. Ill just put it this way, I go places were some wont, and others cant. and their are places were some go and I wont or cant.

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I have noticed the snow build up issue also....this must be due to the new cooler not having the lines run along the outside edge of the tunnel so the snow doesnt melt off lie it does on the M's?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
wow thats a real good complaint. that might take a hole 10 sec, to kick that off. I have never once tried to make anyone think that I was the best most extreme rider on this fourm, like some do. Ill just put it this way, I go places were some wont, and others cant. and their are places were some go and I wont or cant.

And you ignore the whole rest of the post....:face-icon-small-con

You start a thread WHINING & CRYING about the other people who have something REAL to whine about... This makes you look pretty stupid.

Whining about the whining is ridiculous.

you made a rather pointless argument about how cat did us all these favors by having a 4 stroke in a mountain chassis... WE DO NOT CARE. I have yet to meet a SINGLE person in CO with a 4 stroke cat, not one. I didn't come on here talking about how good a rider I am, and I didn't ask how good a rider you are.... I don't care, that's got nothing to do with any of this imo.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Backcountry, I respect your opinion on alot of things but if this sled is that bad and you are on here complaining about it all the time, just sell it and buy a Polaris. Real simple solution to the problem. I might be trying a Pro myself next year. Seems like it might be a good sled. If they have the motor issues figured out. If the Cat is this big of a problem then show Cat your displeasure with your checkbook, not your computer. That is the way they will get the hint. Have a good day all.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
I dont give a s--- if you like my spelling or grammar. You can call me all the names you want Im sure it makes you feel better. Hell I feel like im back in school again. I guess I am brand loyal. Cat has allways taken care of me on any warranty problams, something poo dident do back in 2000 when I bought a 2000 800 rmk used, with 500 miles. At 850 miles I lost the crank they would not honor the warranty because I was not the origanal owner. I fixed it my self and dident go around crying over, and over, and over again to anyone that might listen and hope that it would fix itself. rode this sled for 1 more year and put a second crank in it and sold it. I dought I will buy another poo. If cat did that to me I would feel the same way, but they havent. I never said anything about a 4 stroke handeling like a 2 stroke. just said I think the 2 strokers are on their way out. We probably never thought they would ban 2 strokes from yellowstone either, but they did.

Its babies, by the way.

So you apparently know what it feels like to get the "shaft" on warranty issues, and your telling us that you didn't whine? I find that hard to believe, but hey, your wednesday machine is working good....for now.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Backcountry, I respect your opinion on alot of things but if this sled is that bad and you are on here complaining about it all the time, just sell it and buy a Polaris. Real simple solution to the problem. I might be trying a Pro myself next year. Seems like it might be a good sled. If they have the motor issues figured out. If the Cat is this big of a problem then show Cat your displeasure with your checkbook, not your computer. That is the way they will get the hint. Have a good day all.

Well... to be honest... I'm deluding myself to believe that if more people get on their dealers, and cat, harassing them into realizing how big a step they took backwards in SOME ways with this sled, that cat will step the F up & fix some issues, and build a better sled. Likely delusional I know, especially after finding out that the 2013 only lost 5 lbs & changed A arms (pitiful yet again) but I don't WANT to go buy a stinking pro. I LOVE the cat motor... I love boost... and those two go together VERY well!!! The pro is a better sled... but it's got that DAM poo motor in it!!!

Btw, I've mentioned the things that this sled DOES do well a few times, but this is the cat forum, there's plenty of people tooting their horn, but the issues, for those that have them, are VERY significant.

One of my buddies who I was riding with riding a stock 2012 on sat... after doing a pull would stop at the bottom, pull his side panel, and sit for a while. I would continue to ride, playing, jumping, climbing... at one point I came down to harass him about sitting around being lazy, and he told me, as well as the other guy with a 12 sitting with him... that if they rode like me, they'd have already blown a belt that day, that they HAD to stop & let the clutches cool.:face-icon-small-dis

THAT SUCKS. I WANT CAT TO GET OFF THEIR AZZES & FIX THIS.

Voting with my wallet will MAYBE show them something a year from now, but I've already got a 12, and not likely to sell my 11 next year, I LOVE that sled... so maybe not even next year. Here, on this forum, and on other cat forums, we are able to send them a message NOW. I know they get the message, I know one thread in particular that a cat rep specifically read... this is what I can do NOW... so I will. I don't mean my frustration to be a disrespect to others with a 12, exactly the opposite. I'll keep pulling weight on the 12, and working on ways to make it stronger & better, just like we did to the M for 6 years!

Premium Features