• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Board Options on the Pro Ride

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
I know there are quite a few options out there
considering the following:

WRP, meathookers, Better Boards or Snow Eliminators

would like to keep the price under $200 or so

leaning towards the WRP at this time, becuase it looks like it adds some strength
BUT, of course my lil 600 is a bit different than the rest
has the same running boards as the 800 SB Assault

what is everyones opinion on this install job
i have seen some installed where you basically cut off 90% of the running board
would you not want to just cut the "windows" out and add some more strength yet??
might take more time yes, but was just curious

also preference to one brand over another from the above i listed?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
this maybe another option soon, I have the first set built and need to test them but I think they will keep the boards cleaner then the other footbed style boards...they will rivit and glue right over the factory boards and allow the factory cleats to stick up thru the inserts..the inserts are made from UHMW plastic...
DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Looks like a neat idea.... But wont help w me
I need something to clear snow and re enforce the. Oards

My running boards dont look like urs

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Looks like a neat idea.... But wont help w me
I need something to clear snow and re enforce the. Oards

My running boards dont look like urs
Actually, if done right with rivits and glue they should be as strong as any of the cutout boards(betterboards, meethookers and such)..UHMW is one of the strongest plastics available and the snow doesnt stick to it... is what our tow sleds are made of..we tried aluminum sleds and they are constantly cracking..where as with the uhmw sleds they hold up good...

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
From what I have seen out of the boards in you price range - the Feethookers Pro Saw model looks like the best combination of traction and overall strength. Not to mention that Carl seems like a great guy...

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
I bent the crap out of my right board in my last ride of last season (May 1st) and I ordered Skinz Airframe boards as soon as I got back from riding. It took over 2 months to get them but I will never own a sled without them. They are rediculously strong and clear snow effortlessly, they are expensive ($450 ish) and they are on back order like 3 months out, but if you wait they are worth it.

I've run snow eliminators and better boards and they are better than stock but nothing compares to airframes.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
You can't beat the price and quality of Feethookers. Get in touch with Carl (Meathooker) and he can help you out.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
After all the boards ive seen and tryed on diffrent sleds all the way back to the Gen I sleds, the better boards has my vote. From perfomance, durability, and Price. F-bomb is not the man any more, but could get you in the right direction for the best deal on a great product..

If you put them on yourself the price should be close to what your looking at.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
WRp

I tried the WRP boards on my '08 Nytro and didn't really think they were much of an improvement over stock boards. Eventually they filled in with snow and I was hammering my toe into the footwell and sliding off the board cause it was built up with snow. Kept a rubber mallet handy all the time. I'm totally convinced there are very few boards that actually allow snow to fall through and not built up at all and unfortunately the one I firmly believe in and have owned and will continue to buy, is not on your list and over twice the price you have labeled as budget. I don't want to come off as a smart azz but knowing what I know through experience and $$$, I would wait till my budget allowed for the board that will give you what you want, Strength and Snow clearance

Texasron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Dallas, Tx
2011 PRO 800 holdovers in Colorado, Idaho, or Wyoming?

Best price and closest to Granby or Steamboat ? Pro 800 155 maybe even ES.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Can you elaborate on the F-bomb reference regarding the Better Boards?

Sorry Rob I keep forgetting!

Not sure of his offcial title, I think he was there top sales guy. He has stepped onto other things now. But if you get hold of him on SW (F-bomb) he could get you pointed in the right direction for the best service for your better boards. I have them on 5 sleds with 100% satisfaction when it comes to customer service and product.

I know there are alot of places that have the better boards for sale, you can get them a many dealers. If I was going to buy them from a dealer that would give me the best deal, I would contact Carl's cycle in Bosie ID. they also have great service and great prices.

Its still werid for me to not deal with rob when it comes to the better board products. He has done it for so long, and did such a great job for Better Boards, sometimes I forget he has moved on.

You can also try Oregon trail sports in baker, Tell Michelle that I sent you. You'll get a good laught if nothing else.

Last edited:
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
I tried the WRP boards on my '08 Nytro and didn't really think they were much of an improvement over stock boards. Eventually they filled in with snow and I was hammering my toe into the footwell and sliding off the board cause it was built up with snow. Kept a rubber mallet handy all the time. I'm totally convinced there are very few boards that actually allow snow to fall through and not built up at all and unfortunately the one I firmly believe in and have owned and will continue to buy, is not on your list and over twice the price you have labeled as budget. I don't want to come off as a smart azz but knowing what I know through experience and $$$, I would wait till my budget allowed for the board that will give you what you want, Strength and Snow clearance

i agree 100%. couldn't have said it better. i have had experience with both SE and BB. they work well but there is no better option than airframes. save your pennys until you can get them. hell if you order now you will probably have the money saved up by the time they ship...

pv

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
another vote here for feethookers, holes are the largest i've seen for insert boards and the pro saws have the bent edge for extra traction and support. $160 powder coated black and shipped to your door. airframes are by far the best option but the cost is rather high and they seem to be constantly on backorder...

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
feethookers

chatted w one of their dealers close to me and Carl is working on a prototype for the 144
price seems good.....

well have to see what they come up with

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
inserts

this maybe another option soon, I have the first set built and need to test them but I think they will keep the boards cleaner then the other footbed style boards...they will rivit and glue right over the factory boards and allow the factory cleats to stick up thru the inserts..the inserts are made from UHMW plastic...
DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

That looks good but slick to me. I have UHMW on the ramp of my sled deck. You will bust your *** if your not carefull getting down off the deck. IMO. Good luck with that.

Stone

Premium Features