• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No B.S. weights,same scale

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Sled weights are Right out of the crate,Note about 1/2 gallon of fuel is estimated on both sleds,This was what the factory put in and test ran before crating up and shipping,both on same calibrated scale.more to come as these arrive.will also have Ride ready weights soon.Both are 'VERY' nice sleds.there is likely not the same amount of oil in each sled which was partially filled for the test run from the factory as well.
Cat 800 snow check 162=515 lbs

Poo 800 snow check 163=455lbs

Doo 800 SOON!

Last edited:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Sled weights are Right out of the crate,Note about 1/2 gallon of fuel is estimated on both sleds,This was what the factory put in and test ran before crating up and shipping,both on same calibrated scale.more to come as these arrive.will also have Ride ready weights soon.Both are 'VERY' nice sleds.there is likely not the same amount of oil in each sled which was partially filled for the test run from the factory as well.

Doo 800 SOON!

Arctic Cat sleds come out of the crate with fuel cells that have never had ANY fuel in them. So right now your post has some untruth to it.

ac4life

Premium Member
Jun 29, 2008

Doo 800 SOON!

did you weigh the 2011 m8 on that scale?

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
ive said it before but you gotta fill the sleds up, lets fill them up with fuel and weigh them they way they are ridden! Cause there is no 515 is right, in an earlier thread guy weighd the 153 pc8 full of fuel and it weighd 555lbs so there is def more fuel in the ac then you think!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Arctic Cat sleds come out of the crate with fuel cells that have never had ANY fuel in them. So right now your post has some untruth to it.

Bull. They run these in the Factory" Every "one.There is even a Video of the assembly line and factory running these through a diagnostic test, On both sleds you can see where the belt was spun,marks on the primary.I dont own either of these sleds and are posting Accurate no B.S. info.no reason what so ever to alter the info. Both owners observed the weighing.Both of these sleds were drop shipped to the local shop where they were un- crated. Bars were bolted, skis put on and then hung.unbelievable how this can be disputed..

ac4life

Premium Member
Jun 29, 2008
unbelievable how this can be disputed..

IMG_0826.jpg

Then I'm riding the fat black chick full of gas,oil and coolant.
She en=ven comes with google bag and tunnel bag.

:noidea:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Bull. They run these in the Factory" Every "one.There is even a Video of the assembly line and factory running these through a diagnostic test, On both sleds you can see where the belt was spun,marks on the primary.I dont own either of these sleds and are posting Accurate no B.S. info.no reason what so ever to alter the info. Both owners observed the weighing.Both of these sleds were drop shipped to the local shop where they were un- crated. Bars were bolted, skis put on and then hung.unbelievable how this can be disputed..

I have been to the factory. I have seen them run the sleds. I don't know exactly how they do it but I am telling you the sleds come out of the crate with fuel cells that have never had fuel in them. They are 100% clean and dry.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
60lbs. The crate weight on the M series was 480's no way they gained 35lbs. Fill em up and we'll see I guess. Can you weigh them all at the same time rtr and take pics or vid. x2 on weighing a '11 m8.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

Both sleds Are STOCK without cans.Every single scale must be certified. Ours was just done, Every single scale must be set to zero which properly -subtracts the harness lines Ours was. all the owners observed this method and were certain NO games were played.When we fill them all up and weigh everyone will observe that the Tank and oil "IS "actually full. Many BS games can be played especially when the owner weighs their own sled.Hmm .and the 515lbs is a 162 with NO B.S. .as stated it had a splash of fuel and oil. Cannot know for sure exact amount however its about 1/2 inch on the fuel.checked with dipstick.They all need to be Ride ready and then weighed just like suggested on other post,The Cat is a bit more than expected and the Poo is a bit less than suspected, Doo will be done soon and suspect it will fall somewhere between the other two sled..I dont own any of these sleds,It does help in the comparison on the hill determining what works best and why.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA

byeatts, maybe I should have worded my response differently. I only meant to clarify the way we receive the snowmobiles from Arctic Cat. It is easy to verify on an M series as you can take the white insert out and stick your whole hand in the tank. Also all the tanks have a strong smell of plastic with no hint of fuel smell. Also they take several pulls to get them to fire even with the high pressure fuel pumps because the entire fuel system is dry.

I am anxious to see your RTR weights.

thanks,
Woody

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
byeatts, maybe I should have worded my response differently. I only meant to clarify the way we receive the snowmobiles from Arctic Cat. It is easy to verify on an M series as you can take the white insert out and stick your whole hand in the tank. Also all the tanks have a strong smell of plastic with no hint of fuel smell. Also they take several pulls to get them to fire even with the high pressure fuel pumps because the entire fuel system is dry.

I am anxious to see your RTR weights.

thanks,
Woody

No worries .Everyone gets butt hurt when you talk about their new purchase. I ride a full mod 07 880 Rev and had changed virtually every part on it and weighs at 452 lbs. That cost me 25K . Damn an out of the box sled is practically the same. Piss's me off. however its been a fun transition.The cat can is Heavy[ 22 lbs] and will quickly be a runner with a can.The cat will be the strongest chassis hands down,and the cat cylinders allow for a LARGE BB. hmm..

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
byeatts, maybe I should have worded my response differently. I only meant to clarify the way we receive the snowmobiles from Arctic Cat. It is easy to verify on an M series as you can take the white insert out and stick your whole hand in the tank.

No way to do this on the PC, so why even mention it. As for the dip stick method, you cant really do that accuately either because the fill neck doesnt go straight into the tank on the PC. Only way to guesstimate how much full you have in a PC clim is look at the electronic guage on the dash.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Both sleds Are STOCK without cans.Every single scale must be certified. Ours was just done, Every single scale must be set to zero which properly -subtracts the harness lines Ours was. all the owners observed this method and were certain NO games were played.When we fill them all up and weigh everyone will observe that the Tank and oil "IS "actually full. Many BS games can be played especially when the owner weighs their own sled.Hmm .and the 515lbs is a 162 with NO B.S. .as stated it had a splash of fuel and oil. Cannot know for sure exact amount however its about 1/2 inch on the fuel.checked with dipstick.They all need to be Ride ready and then weighed just like suggested on other post,The Cat is a bit more than expected and the Poo is a bit less than suspected, Doo will be done soon and suspect it will fall somewhere between the other two sled..I dont own any of these sleds,It does help in the comparison on the hill determining what works best and why.

You know virtually what your saying is that cat has posted the wrong weight on the tunnel of the sleds it is sending out. . . You know they have to post the weight for strict legal reasons in other countries. The RTR weight on the m8 162 sno pro was 563lbs posted right on the tunnel. Another thing is that cat knows exactly what the sleds weigh as they know the weight of every part of the sled as well as the capacity of fluid. The m8 is 563lbs. . . The m1100t 162 is 663 and the HCR 800 153 is 543. . . .

I am going to get some popcorn and be entertained by guys that think they can make false claims.

Premium Features