• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can for 2012 M800

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
HPS silencer

The sound levels mentioned above were indicated to me as well. HPS openly admitted to the M7 silencer "bog". Scott said that silencer worked well on the dyno, but, out on the snow showed the issue. That is why all silencers are now run on the snow as well as the dyno before being sold. I've had a couple of HPS silencers now, and will pretty much stick with them because the performance, testing, and quality of the HPS silencer are second to none imo.:usa2:

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
The sound levels mentioned above were indicated to me as well. HPS openly admitted to the M7 silencer "bog". Scott said that silencer worked well on the dyno, but, out on the snow showed the issue. That is why all silencers are now run on the snow as well as the dyno before being sold. I've had a couple of HPS silencers now, and will pretty much stick with them because the performance, testing, and quality of the HPS silencer are second to none imo.:usa2:

That's awesome that he's doing all that testing before releasing the product. And really the reason I'm not much into loud pipes is for our sport. I Love the sound of a crisp crackly two stroke, and used to run a rumble pack, and loved it too. But that amount of noise isn't appreciated by many people, and said people seem to have a talent for messing with us motorized peeps' fun... But who knows, an hps may be in my future

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
noise levels

The way I understand it most regs say below 90db at 4000 and below 101db at WFO. I know that my previous HPS was nice and quiet cruisin' around the neighborhood in the lower rpm ranges, at WO throttle there was a definate bark, but, not as loud as most. Louder than a SLP by a little though. For the other reasons I stated before, I still prefer the HPS.

C

chuckbernard

Jan 7, 2008
I just installed the SLP can. Very nice fit and 12lbs lighter than stock. It is only marginally louder than stock. I only have enough snow to do a short loop on the front lawn so I can't give an opinion on performance. I've always had good luck with SLP.

It was a real headache getting the hood back on! I just cannot get the hood to slide into the slot near the tank very well. The right side fits great but I cannot get the left side to fit as nicely. In all honesty I don't know whether it was any better before I took it off.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Why doesnt any manufacturer just say what their can weighs? Everybody claims what weight will be saved but no actaul weights. Lets post some real weights

My CPC can weighs 7.2 pounds.

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
So on older sleds, I've had good luck with both slp, and speedwerx. I loved the note on the speedwerx, and am thinking of going that way again. But $355 according to their site, seems a little spendy? But I'm also considering the hps, but w/o calling, I don't know what one will run...and I feel like a goober calling for a price, and not ordering one...

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
So on older sleds, I've had good luck with both slp, and speedwerx. I loved the note on the speedwerx, and am thinking of going that way again. But $355 according to their site, seems a little spendy? But I'm also considering the hps, but w/o calling, I don't know what one will run...and I feel like a goober calling for a price, and not ordering one...

The guy at HPS is happy to answer any questions. Call and ask for a run down on his can and then get a price. They are spendy, but worth it.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Just called HPS last night. Don't expect anything before Dec 1. They still haven't got to do their on snow testing. Flow and Dyno testing are done though.

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
I just installed the SLP can. Very nice fit and 12lbs lighter than stock. It is only marginally louder than stock. I only have enough snow to do a short loop on the front lawn so I can't give an opinion on performance. I've always had good luck with SLP.

It was a real headache getting the hood back on! I just cannot get the hood to slide into the slot near the tank very well. The right side fits great but I cannot get the left side to fit as nicely. In all honesty I don't know whether it was any better before I took it off.

Same problem whith mine m800. Couldn't get any side to fit properly. Don't know if it was right from the begining. Does anyone got some tips?

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
You almost need a third hand to get them started and slide it in at the same time. I got the front started on to where the tabs just pass the holes grab both sides start them in the holes pull it on then keep pressure on one side and push the front on the rest of the way. Worked for me

Premium Features