• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

surely someones weighed the Sno Pro

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Yep, going to have to pull out the bull sh*t card on that one!!! That's where I was hoping it would be last spring!! I heard 30 lbs. heavier than the Polaris ready-to-ride. That puts it about 550-560. No way it's under 540 wet.

I'll say 645 wet for the M1100T.

Joe

I would agree 645 wet stock for the m1100t. 635 for mine though. . .

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
Liar, liar, liar..... I have weighed the same model at 2 different dealers both weighed in at 497lbs. I will take my scales back down to the same dealers video the weigh in and post the results. Although you wont be happy with the results, I was right about my spring time post "Hefty Cats". Thanks Cat, you lost another loyal customer to the true PRO. Polaris PRO RMK 163:becky:

Last edited:
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I am guessing that's a typo...

Liar, liar, liar..... I have weighed the same model at 2 different dealers both weighed in at 597lbs. I will take my scales back down to the same dealers video the weigh in and post the results. Although you wont be happy with the results, I was right about my spring time post "Hefty Cats". Thanks Cat, you lost another loyal customer to the true PRO. Polaris PRO RMK 163:becky:

I am guessing the "597" should be 497...

No way they gained 40 lbs. either. I believe the 497 number.

Joe

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
There is a guy over on hcs with a high country and i think he had the spec sheet with 466 dry weight. . . So not bad. I am sure that the 162 will only add 5-10lbs. AS the tunnel on the high country is 153 length. So all you have is track weight and 4-10 inches or rail(1-3lbs).

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Yes 497lbs. I edited my original post. Thanks for pointing that out. Weighed the sleds on a brand new set of intercomp racing scales. 162 sno pro 501lbs.

So that may be close. That is crate weight. . . Curb Weight is supposedly 558 on a high country. So that is 61 lbs for fuel. Which is 10 gallons of fuel.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Yes 497lbs. I edited my original post. Thanks for pointing that out. Weighed the sleds on a brand new set of intercomp racing scales. 162 sno pro 501lbs.

I will have all 4 brands on a digital accurate scale soon. The Cat is Heavy. the tunnel/bulkhead is beefy compared to older models and other brands,It will be strong but 501 LBS dry for a 162 is in need of a diet.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
That is not a dry weight, crate weight is wet weight the sled has all necessary fluids to ride it there for its a weight weight. Most crated weights Ive seen have been right around 490 not 500.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Dealer weighed one and said its about 5lbs heavier than the 2011, both sno pro m8's. The can is huge on the new one. After looking one over really well I am really liking the way it is built, more room to get to things. Strong as heII, there are a few minor things that you would look and and say WTF!!!! like the bumper but overall this is a sled that is going to take some serious abuse.

They should have called it the PRO-TUG, the sled that will be pulling all the POO's back out, if they know how to shut there mouth.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Dealer weighed one and said its about 5lbs heavier than the 2011, both sno pro m8's. The can is huge on the new one. After looking one over really well I am really liking the way it is built, more room to get to things. Strong as heII, there are a few minor things that you would look and and say WTF!!!! like the bumper but overall this is a sled that is going to take some serious abuse.

They should have called it the PRO-TUG, the sled that will be pulling all the POO's back out, if they know how to shut there mouth.

Glad it is built well. A rigid sled feels nice. Should hold my turbo engine nicely. I am sure the protos were not much lighter and everyone that rode them loved them.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA

WyoBoy, it will not pull back out my 3 sleds for sure...... that is 100 % sure!!!!check out this link:
http://www.turbotuningturbinetech.com/en/rmk-turbo.html
( our new borg warner efr turbo kit setup) for the pro with full factory replacement ecu........wanna bet a little on this?? :becky:
:focus: beside precision e.f.i., we are a cat( a month ago!),yamaha,honda and kawasaki dealer and the m8 in our showroom is MUCH heavier than the pro rmk(trying to lift the front nose) that is for sure but also stronger built ....it is obvious. My guess would be at least 50-60 pounds heavier.

IMG_0756.jpg case ecu final.jpg

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
New Cats

Good post Bob its nice to see some true numbers coming out. It will be nice to see your post on your findings of all the sled weights. All I have to say is weight is weight, put two 25 pound dumbels in your back pack and see how long it takes before you feel like ditching the extra lbs. Poo to ProClimb comparison. Yeatts will give us numbers soon enough I'm sure. The numbers I am seeing for wet weights on the 1100t are reminding me of a sled I owned back in 05 called a Ski-Doo 1000. It had stump pulling power but I remember just trying to hold on to the handlebars on the way back to the trailer. On a posotive note I know 3 guys that were lucky enough to throw there leg over an M800 last spring and 1 out of the three snowchecked an M800 and the other 2 snow checked poos. This is part of the fun of being a sled head, wondering all off season weather you made the right decision on what brand to buy.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You had to go and ruin all the fun, lol

The stockers are the ones that are the scariest, the pro front feels light for sure but the sled is not 50-60lbs lighter. they werent even that much lighter than the '11. The nose just feels light with that little poo motor in it.

Will be nice to see a few side by side weights. all with full coolant, oil, etc... but no gas (the tanks hold different amounts)

Last edited:
M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
My T M800 pulled out aT Poo last season. AC 1 - Poo 0, so far. Ooooo take that you poo riders! Lol

You poopro riders remind me of Saskatchewan rough riders fans at a Calgary stampeders football game in Calgary. Sitting there in the stands in full rough riders gear, cheering for the rough riders and the Stampeders happen to be playing the Edmonton Eskimos. And they wonder why they get beer thrown at them for loitering where they aren't wanted.

The pro is clearly a nice sled and I'm sure yours gets lonely in the garage at night, and I'm sure you do too. You know, 8 out of 10 hot chicks prefer a guy with a 2 stroke sled that runs reliably (cat). So poopro riders, light some candles, grab a nice bottle of wine, throw on some Barry White, cut a small (note, small) hole in the back of your poopro's seat, squirt some lube into it and go to town. Hot lovin, that poopro ain't gonna poo right for a week after your done with it.....right? Lol

EDIT: Haha, three bad post ratings. Apparently some of the ladies over from the Poo community get their feelings hurt quite easily. The point of this post is that I don't go over to the Poo forums and boast superiority for my Arctic Cat so pis$ off with that crap over here. You ladies can dish it out here but you certainly can't take any crap in return apparently. I don't put a bad post rating on those Poo posts over here either, even though they help absolutely nothing, shows that I can wear my big boy pants and roll with the punches.

To be honest, I've got buddies that ride Poo pro's and dragons and they are a fine sled. We'll give each other the gears back and forth of course. At the end of the day, they go where I go and same the other way around. If you can't handle someone takin the piss out of ya then you need a sense of humour and and some thicker skin ladies. Too much oil of olay maybe? Makin ya a little soft? I realize three of you feel its all one sided, because obviously I must have written my original post for no reason what so ever.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
You had to go and ruin all the fun, lol

The stockers are the ones that are the scariest, the pro front feels light for sure but the sled is not 50-60lbs lighter. they werent even that much lighter than the '11. The nose just feels light with that little poo motor in it.

Will be nice to see a few side by side weights. all with full coolant, oil, etc... but no gas (the tanks hold different amounts)
i will have new Poo,s ,Pro climbs 800 and 1100 and Doo to weigh all fueled.on a calibrated commercial scale

Premium Features