• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If your on the fence about a Pro rmk look at this BS

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
FORGIVING??????????? What makes it forgiving?

its light and handles light, so when you take it a little to far you can still recover, it also puts more track on the ground than any other sled so it will climb out of sticky situations quite nicely, but its squirrely and you have to fast to recover at times or it will be over

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
I don't know if that was directed at me or not, if it was my post was not to mislead anyone but to warn them. In the thread posted it was posted that this test will be done on all warranty claims and as far as I understood that was coming from a dealer. Last year I was very interested in buying a pro like many other cat guys because it is a very capable sled, the engine alone is what kept me from it. It has some other issues too but is a great sled.

But my speculation tells me poo didn't come up with this idea until the rounded up the books at the end of the year and realized they are in it for 4 years and it could get spendy and it gives them a option to opt out.

LMFAO

Is the engine any different than the 08-10 or did they just change some exterior stuff.

Haha no man no direction at anybody, was just comments relating to the general idea of the topic. I still dont or havnt seen anything other than peopple complaining about speculation. Not one person has said he/she has actually been taken on this whole situation by Polaris. SO yes, i can see why many have more of a negative attitude about this than a positive one, but i still dont see a company as large as Polaris denying warranties for something that A. Isn't required to run, its recommended. and B. They darn well know they have had motor issues in the past. To answer your second question yes, the fueling and injectors are different in the 2012 sleds.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
got to love summer! the most viewed and responded to thread in the cat section is all about polaris... i love it! :) regardless of which side you are taking. summer is so loooooong!!

oh, and fyi, the 2011 polaris 800 did have some internal changes from the 08-10, and the tolerances seemed to be tighter/better. for 2012 the motor is basically the same, some fuel system/mapping changes.

enjoy, carry on.

pv

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
This could have been the best thread of the summer. Kept me laughing the whole time. Who the freak cares what people ride and why they ride it. I loved my 10' cat I love pros. I'm gonna love my new assaults. People who ride xp's love them and same with the yamaha people(which I still haven't figured out why they ride em but whatever floats your boat)

Think some people need to breathe and relax..winter is almost here.

I'm going to go in the ski doo section and say their sleds suck just for fun.

I'm jumping from cat to poo but I'm not gonna start bashing cat now. They make a good sled and all next winter I'll be interested in peoples experiences with the new pro climb.

Oh and keep bringing the entertainment.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
If was m8chris, I would have gone with the ProClimb! Only and ONLY! because of Poo and Cat's track records. I think the Poo is a cool sled but COME ON!! LOOK AT THE LAST FEW YEARS HISTORY! IT'S A DEAL SEALER!!!!!!!! I'd kick myself in he nuts if my Pro had a motor issue!!!

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
why did you down grade and go pro next year,chris?

he's a slut and cant stay monogamous, it was the only other way to go seeing how all a xp will do is ride wheelie's.

If was m8chris, I would have gone with the ProClimb! Only and ONLY! because of Poo and Cat's track records. I think the Poo is a cool sled but COME ON!! LOOK AT THE LAST FEW YEARS HISTORY! IT'S A DEAL SEALER!!!!!!!! I'd kick myself in he nuts if my Pro had a motor issue!!!

Wyoboy is right I'm a big time slut:)

Main reasoN was I love how the pro handled in the trees and I just felt more comfortable
On it. The whole engine thing is a little scary and I will make sure the gas going in my sled is good gas I'll get those test slips. So hopefully if it does go that 4 year warranty will cover it. I can't say the new proclimb is a bad sled. I was lucky enough to demo one and it handled great. I've said this before I always hated 162 sleds They always felt a lot longer then 9 inches from a 153. But, that new pro climb I rode I thought was a 153 with how easy it was to throw around but to my surprise I was on a 162.. Cat did a great job on the new sled.
And xp's they've come along from 08 that's for sure I still don't feel comfortable on them. The new etec is sweet and the 11' I rode was a lot better handling then previous year xp's just not for me I'm not as good as snowmobiler ;)
Any of you guys getting pro climbs next year we'll have to meet up I'd love
To see how they're doing and what everyone thinks after they've got 500 miles on em.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Wyoboy is right I'm a big time slut:)

I've said this before I always hated 162 sleds They always felt a lot longer then 9 inches from a 153. But, that new pro climb I rode I thought was a 153 with how easy it was to throw around but to my surprise I was on a 162.

I love it when people get this wrong.........

It is not 9" longer, it is 4.5" longer......

You take 1/2 of the extra track length and add it on........

153"+ .5(162-153)

The track is 162",,,,,,,,,, that is the whole loop of the track

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I love it when people get this wrong.........

It is not 9" longer, it is 4.5" longer......

You take 1/2 of the extra track length and add it on........

153"+ .5(162-153)

The track is 162",,,,,,,,,, that is the whole loop of the track

Do you fold everything in half when you measure it? :face-icon-small-sho

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
First of all best thread in a while and will keep me logged on for the war to continue

2nd of all I ride with both Treedocker and M8Chris and feel like I'm a huge reason why Chris is going with the Pro. He has rode it and seen no failures at all outside of the primary breaking in half before the 100 mile mark, after that it has been 100% pull the rope and ride.

Chris clearly made the best choice by going with Polaris there really isn't an argument in that :) how many did you snow check again?????....

I can't comment on engine failures with Polaris in the Pro's seems how I have not seen any here where I live I can only comment on how bullet proof the engine has been and I have 1456 miles on mine right now. I have ridden with 10 other Pro's through out the season and not one of them had any engine problems.

But just for arguing sakes I will give you some reasons as to why I think we do very well around here for no engine failures in our Pro's and it's not the lack of WFO. I can't remember who posted up the E-free gas stations link but in our area I seen 4 different gas stations that are free of the junk, and another reason I believe we have great running Pro's is our elevation which is 7-9500 feet. Put both together and you have a happy dealership who sold motor free issues with the Pro's and have customers like me who snowchecked another one because it was so reliable.

I promise you treedocker is no "troll" he is just telling you how it is here in SE Idaho

carry on boys :D....

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
I'm not talking just pointing it up hill, in the trees to, thanks to the KMOD. But you might have me beat in the jumping department, I mean if you can keep enough speed to get to the jump that is.

thats where i am talking about is in the trees, climbing up a open hill with no trees is pointless and dumb. i am not much of a jumper but if i was my pro would carry plenty of speed

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
20 bucks say me and my gramma riding double can distroy your pro climbing.ill even ride on the back.

Premium Features