• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help changing track on 2001 MM 700

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
should be three bolts holding a flange over the bearing take those off. then there is a set screw on the collar on the INSIDE of the tunnel loosen that then take the bearing off. you might have to heat it a bit. take the chain case apart there is a bearing on the drive there is a set screw in the tunnel there to. try to take the chain case off the chassis(4 bolts) use heat. taking that off will make your life easier. it will damn near fall out by its self. remember when putting the skid back in loosen the tension and start with the middle bolts then the front then the back bolts. good luck

S
Jul 4, 2009
The flange on the other side with the 3 bolts has rivets in it on some sleds. You will have to shear them off with a chisel or grind them with a die grinder if yours has these and then take off the outer flange. I leave that bearing on when i pull the driveshaft. Then I unbolt the chaincase. Make sure you get all the bolts out, there is one kind of hidden right at the bottom. Take off both gears and pull on it. Sometimes the brake rotor holds it back quite hard, it has a keyway that makes it difficult. It is good to have two people in this case, one to pull on the chaincase and one tapping on the hub of the brake rotor at the same time. I use a long 1/2" drive extension to reach in to the brake rotor hub from the left side of the sled and tap it off with a hammer. Good luck

Premium Features