• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil light on mm 700

Nov 9, 2010
Hey guys, I have a 2000 mm 700 triple and the oil light is on and remaining solid in color. The oil tank is full and not real sure what is causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Make sure the sending unit is plugged in, you may just need to replace the sending unit..

Nov 9, 2010
Thanks I'll give a new unit a try. I stuck a wire hanger in the resivor tank and when I reach it over into that area the light will go off and as soon as I move it it goes back on. Hopefully that is the problem.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
My wife's 2000 600 did that too - the light would come on intermittently for a while, then it just stayed on. I replaced the sending unit a few weeks ago as part of my pre-season maintenance day. We have not ridden it yet, but it seems to have fixed the issue. I can't remember the exact cost of the part, but it wasn't too bad.

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
My 600 runs with the light on all the time. It still go true the oil during the ride. Make sure it"s full before every ride. Sending unit is the problem for mine.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
I have 2 2000 m-max's that have the same issue. The sensor in the tank thinks it has a low level. The light is not to indicate weather or not you use oil it just tells you you are low in the tank.

Premium Features