• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

750 big bore kit

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
oh I was just wodering if anyone has put this kit on but it dosen't seem like they have or they havent had any luck with it

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Well i just know that in the past it took a lot of work to get the SLP 800 running right. The more you turn it up the more tinkering you have to do.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
If Tom Hartman puts something on the market, it works. If not, he will make it right. I have never talked to a person that is more customer service minded. He has helped me so much in the past.

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hartman Big Bore

I've got one for sale, came on a sled I bought. I run an 800slp and have alot of time into it or I would run it. Tom does know his stuff and if u look at his work (cyclinder porting, case porting) it is CLEAAAAN!!!!!!! Plus he is a hell of a guy to deal with. Enough said, his stuff works!

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
how much horse Power difference is it between stock and that do you think ?

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
I have a two sleds. One has a SLP ported 700 and the is my 800 SLP. No comparisone. The 700 pulls hard but you can feel it end, the 800 pulls and pulls, and pulls. On a long up hill pull (equal traction) its close to 50% difference. Im talking an up hill drag race. No comparisone. I know several buys with different bb. Its all in finding what set up works for u. .02

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Well Alex I can tell you that when we got the SLP 800 bb set up right that thing just ripped. If i remember correctly the old mechanic rode it and said, " It's like its just mad at the snow". I always wanted to do the bb to mine but just decided to quite putting more money into the old girl.

That being said once it is set up they rip, and it is night and day compared to even a piped 700.

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
ya I dont know It probly would make a huge difference but would probly require much more maitenance and probly costs a good chunk of cash to. but thanks for the info T.C

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
ya I'll probly be getting a new sled here in a couple years anyway so there probly wont be any sense in putting money into something and just ride it for a couple more years. I'll probly keep it the way it is and just ride it:)

Premium Features