• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What don't you like about your sled?

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
We always hear the pro's of everyone's sled. When someone is asking for advice on what to get next we get lots of "this is good, this rocks, my sled is the best eveeeeeeeeeeer" kind of stuff. How about going at it from a different perspective?

Here's my perspective on my sled, for which I have 10 pros for each of these cons. :p Take it for what it's worth. ;)

2008 Dragon 700 155

LOL, I guess I should have stated that I've taken care of most of these things on my list. I made the list from the point of view of when it was stock as that is how many would be buying one.

Stock running boards are too slick. - Went to Better Boards
Walker Evans seem to be pretty weak in the rear suspension. - Revalving & Fat boy springs by Fastrax
Too tall of mountain bar. - Still shopping
Starting the thing takes a 10' wingspan. -Shortened rope
Installing allen head bolts in risers is a no-fun job. - Switched to regular bolts
Wimpy front bumper. - Installed Ballistic bumper
$150 belts. - Run the 080
Having to have a screwdriver to get side panels off. - Fastrax billet bolt
Windshields with wings? - Cut wings off
Having to be a contorsionist to get my a-arms on and off! - BEER?
Plastic chaincase cover? - Fastrax billet chaincase cover

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
  • Stock running boards are too slick.

pinkdragonclose.jpg

These would look GOOD on your sled :) and knock your list to 9...

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Ummmmm, let's see.......the most annoying thing???

OH-Yeah.....I remember,

THAT

I

DON'T

HAVE

ONE!!

I'm not handling this very well. :(

LMAO... I suuuuuupose, since your hubby loaned you to me this weekend...;).. we could loan you our 'loaner' dragon when you come up to ride...:face-icon-small-hap

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Susie I started this thread with you in mind! ;)

pinkdragonclose.jpg

These would look GOOD on your sled :) and knock your list to 9...

LOL, I guess I should have stated that I've taken care of most of these things on my list. I made the list from the point of view of when it was stock as that is how many would be buying one.

RIGHT Now, what I don't like about her leans more towards the fact that I don't have her back together yet! ;)

Stock running boards are too slick. - Went to Better Boards
Walker Evans seem to be pretty weak in the rear suspension. - Revalving & Fat boy springs by Fastrax
Too tall of mountain bar. - Still shopping
Starting the thing takes a 10' wingspan. -Shortened rope
Installing allen head bolts in risers is a no-fun job. - Switched to regular bolts
Wimpy front bumper. - Installed Ballistic bumper
$150 belts. - Run the 080
Having to have a screwdriver to get side panels off. - Fastrax billet bolt
Windshields with wings? - Cut wings off
Having to be a contorsionist to get my a-arms on and off! - BEER?
Plastic chaincase cover? - Fastrax billet chaincase cover

Last edited:
I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
We always hear the pro's of everyone's sled. When someone is asking for advice on what to get next we get lots of "this is good, this rocks, my sled is the best eveeeeeeeeeeer" kind of stuff. How about going at it from a different perspective?

Here's my perspective on my sled, for which I have 10 pros for each of these cons. :p Take it for what it's worth. ;)

2008 Dragon 700 155

• Stock running boards are too slick.
  • Walker Evans seem to be pretty weak in the rear suspension.
  • Too tall of mountain bar.
  • Starting the thing takes a 10' wingspan.
  • Installing allen head bolts in risers is a no-fun job.
  • Wimpy front bumper.
  • $150 belts.
  • Having to have a screwdriver to get side panels off.
  • Windshields with wings? :eek:
  • Having to be a contorsionist to get my a-arms on and off!
  • Plastic chaincase cover?

FYI, Tri City Performance sells a new wing nut for the side panels so you don't have to use a screwdriver. They also have a sweet replacement bumper.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
FYI, Tri City Performance sells a new wing nut for the side panels so you don't have to use a screwdriver. They also have a sweet replacement bumper.

Take your clutch tool, put a nyloc nut on it backward, and then thread it into where the philips head screw is that hold on the side panel. Remove your new clutch tool/panel screw and change your belt.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
LMAO... I suuuuuupose, since your hubby loaned you to me this weekend...;).. we could loan you our 'loaner' dragon when you come up to ride...:face-icon-small-hap

That's a good trade right there..... Thanks my sexy long red haired boitch you:D

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID

i knew you had....it was a shamless plug :)

but you have to admit theese would look cool on your sled!

This is a interesting post, So I got something I want to know, how many you ladies new to snowmobiling ride a summit XP 800 154 and like it? My girlfriend rode with me double last winter on my summit 1000 and I was able to buy another sled this year and when she goes with me i was gonna let her ride the xp thinking it would be easier with the shorter track, lighter weight, and less power get her introuble but the more I think about it letting a newbie ride a 800 might not be so good idea. She is a expert on ATV just a little new to sleds. So am I out of place or you think I be ok to go with my thinking?

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
What don't I like about my sled......

That I haven't been on it yet!!!

Hope that changes Friday! Should have enough snow on the road to get the new top end broke in!

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
It's hard for me to say I don't like anything about my sled....cause I just love it!!

But we've made some adjustments to cater to my likes....

I have an 08 XP:

Carving:

Issue-wasn't very easy for me to lay over to carve
Solution-sway bar disconnect, 2 wheel conversion, suspension tweeking

Stance:

Issue- Seat width, too wide...
Solution-Boss seat cured the bow leg issue!

Issue-Difficult to find the sweet spot...I have a tendancy to want to move forward on the running boards, which gets me out of a power position in maneuvering the sled. Moving back leaves me hunched over.

Solution-so far we've moved the handlebars as far back as they can go.
Still-even at a whopping 5'4" on a good day I feel like I need a riser...just a little. Or maybe I just need more ride time so I can find my sweet spot! :)

Storage:

Issue- No storage anywhere!!!!
Solution- Last year...loaded my backpack until I looked like a turtle on a sled!
This year, we've got the boss seat...amazing how much even a little storage space helps. Windshield bag, and backpack with Scott's handy dandy setups to carry bags on the tunnel.....MUCH better this year!

Other:

Issue- Oil leaks out the cap when you overturn the sled
Solution-we've added to the cap to tighten the seal, common issue with the xp's. No biggie now.

Issue- Snow!! There is no snow at the cabin yet...and my sled isn't in the snow:(
Solution-is everyone doing the snow dance?? I know we are! :p

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
the thing that I dont like about my sled is I am not riding it right now!!!!
:beer;:eek::beer;:D;):beer;:p:beer;:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Premium Features