• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'97 600 sx

Nov 28, 2007
Spruce Grove,Ab.
Im going over A friends sx 600 for him and the weights and rollers are done. Rollers are easy to replace, but I'd like to know if there is a better option for arms than the stock yamaha ones, Heelclickers, thundershift etc. Also he wants to know if the adjustable transfer rod kits give the sled a smoother ride, or do they just help with weight transfer?

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
I can't help much on the weight decision. I have only used the stock ones. The adjustable transfer rods will not make it ride any better. These sleds didn't hook up very well without increasing the transfer or adding studs to the track. If you make the clutching more aggressive it will spin even more, unless you add the adj. rods.

the twins were notorious for eating rollers and bushings. something to do with the "harmonics" of the motor. arms being shot are from a lack of maintenance. backlash effect from the rollers going out. put stock components back in and check it at least yearly, depending on use. at the least, the clutch should be cleaned annually. this will reduce wear and let you check the components. as for the transfer rods, i had good luck with the max perf ones, but they are no longer in business. i put a 141 on that sled years ago and and its been virtually trouble free for years. bought it for the wife in 98, sons rode the p out of it, daughters been using it for the last 2 years. just a heads up, somewhere between 3500 and 4000 miles, the ring lands disintegrate. if the odo is approaching these numbers and the top end hasnt been gone through, be prepared.new pistons and rings are way cheaper than cylinders.

Premium Features