• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waterproof tunnel bag?

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I really need a new one, my old has a broken zipper. I'd like something waterproof, and not huge. I just started using one last winter, and love getting the extra weight off my back of the heavier items (beer, drinks, tools, etc.). Anyone have a certain brand they like the best? I haven't decided yet on which one I want...

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
How does the Skinz bag attach? I don't have a rack on my tunnel or anything. The pictures aren't detailed enough to really see.... I do take mine off after every ride so I can have my drinks and extra food for the ride home and clean it out. I might have to get some of those Sled Solutions tunnel strips.

Last edited:

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
How does the Skinz bag attach? I don't have a rack on my tunnel or anything. The pictures aren't detailed enough to really see.... I do take mine off after every ride so I can have my drinks and extra food for the ride home and clean it out. I might have to get some of those Sled Solutions tunnel strips.

Check out the website he posted a link of. It has pictures and it states that it fits all tunnels. If you click the link and scroll down there are ski doo pics. They make the bags specific to all the different sleds out there.:)

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I'm also in the market for a tunnel bag. I've been looking at the Polaris bags that have the shovel compartment. Does the skinz bag have a spot for the shovel and handle on it??? I'm lookin for one that will carry a shovel on the sled that is easy to get to.:)

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
My sled doesn't have anything to strap to there. I'll just have to make something. Don't really want to pay $50 for simple tunnel strips. Welder, some aluminum, presto! Tunnel bags are spendy...

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
I'm also in the market for a tunnel bag. I've been looking at the Polaris bags that have the shovel compartment. Does the skinz bag have a spot for the shovel and handle on it??? I'm lookin for one that will carry a shovel on the sled that is easy to get to.:)

I also thought this would be a good plan, but then I worry about if I lose my sled in the mountains--it gets away from me-- and I am unable to get out of mountains, I would want my shovel/saw with me. I now always wear my shovel on my backpack. I would hope this would never happen, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I also carry food on both my sled and my pack for the same reason. If I do need to spend the night on the mountain, and I don't have access to my sled I want to have what I need.
Just a thought--take it for what it is worth. :)

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Gals, this will be the LAST tunnel bag you'll need and add the Carry All to your bars and you're set. The only answer I don't have for you is what to do about having a shovel if you get separated from your sled. I guess you can still wear a backpack it'll just be much lighter. Yes, it's not a cheap bag BUT, you're get more then an open space to store stuff. Pockets, hold down straps, bottle holders make it the ultimate organized tunnel bag. Those of you thinking about doing this I'll throw in a Summer Sucks Camelbak bottle with your order. Just mention Snowest Camelbak Offer when checking out and it's yours FREE. If you have any questions feel free to fire away.

E-Series Max $179.99

SSES2_WEB.jpg

SSES2MAXOPENWEB.jpg

E-Series Mini $159.99

SSES1_WEB.jpg

SSES1OPENWEB.jpg

More info here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160635

Carry All info: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96376

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I also thought this would be a good plan, but then I worry about if I lose my sled in the mountains--it gets away from me-- and I am unable to get out of mountains, I would want my shovel/saw with me. I now always wear my shovel on my backpack. I would hope this would never happen, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I also carry food on both my sled and my pack for the same reason. If I do need to spend the night on the mountain, and I don't have access to my sled I want to have what I need.
Just a thought--take it for what it is worth. :)

Oh! Don't take it as me not wearin one in my pack!!!!! I carry one in my ABS pack and don't want to have to take my avy bag off to dig out my shovel!!!! Very bad!!!! Can you imagine being caught in an avy and your ABS pack is off cause you are getting your shovel out?????? :confused: Not good.:( I want a shovel on my tunnel so it's easy to get to when I need it in a stuck or etc. So this is why I'm lookin for a tunnel bag that will carry a shovel.......I will be carrying 2!!!!!!!!! :D

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I LOVE it!!!!!:D Like I said above, I carry one on my ABS pack and I'm lookin for a pack for my tunnel. Thats my favorite one I've looked at so far! Now I need to save the $$$$$$. Wowzers!:(

Gals, this will be the LAST tunnel bag you'll need and add the Carry All to your bars and you're set. The only answer I don't have for you is what to do about having a shovel if you get separated from your sled. I guess you can still wear a backpack it'll just be much lighter. Yes, it's not a cheap bag BUT, you're get more then an open space to store stuff. Pockets, hold down straps, bottle holders make it the ultimate organized tunnel bag. Those of you thinking about doing this I'll throw in a Summer Sucks Camelbak bottle with your order. Just mention Snowest Camelbak Offer when checking out and it's yours FREE. If you have any questions feel free to fire away.

E-Series Max $179.99

SSES2_WEB.jpg

SSES2MAXOPENWEB.jpg

E-Series Mini $159.99

SSES1_WEB.jpg

SSES1OPENWEB.jpg

More info here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160635

Carry All info: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96376

Are you guys still working on the rack mount system for that e-series bag? That is the only thing holding me back. I want to mount it to my vortech rack; don't want to rivet to tunnel. Just like every thread about shovels on sleds...yes we all know u need one in the backpack too, this is a for a spare so let's not get into that again.

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
Oh! Don't take it as me not wearin one in my pack!!!!! I carry one in my ABS pack and don't want to have to take my avy bag off to dig out my shovel!!!! Very bad!!!! Can you imagine being caught in an avy and your ABS pack is off cause you are getting your shovel out?????? :confused: Not good.:( I want a shovel on my tunnel so it's easy to get to when I need it in a stuck or etc. So this is why I'm lookin for a tunnel bag that will carry a shovel.......I will be carrying 2!!!!!!!!! :D

Okay- I understand now!! I would say you are very prepared--Good for you!!:)

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Are you guys still working on the rack mount system for that e-series bag? That is the only thing holding me back. I want to mount it to my vortech rack; don't want to rivet to tunnel. Just like every thread about shovels on sleds...yes we all know u need one in the backpack too, this is a for a spare so let's not get into that again.

The Vortech rack will be here this week and then I can finalize things. So, yes we are still working on it.:)

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
That Sled Solutions bag looks great, if I wasn't set up for my sled storage that's what I would buy. I have a Vortech rack on my Dragon that I strap a Pelican box to. This set up works slick, the box is waterproof and keeps your stuff protected and secure, just another option. There is a guy on snowest (www.adrenalinepsa.com )selling a hard box with a mounting system for any sled, with a shovel mount. The Polaris shovel bag zipper freezes up, and everything in the bag ends up wet, would not recommend it.

Last edited:
Premium Features