• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler... anywhere to ride?

D

Dock

Dec 4, 2007
Langley BC
Thinking of going up to whislter this weekend, anyone been up lately? I heard guys are going to rutherford and they are getting up....????

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
You can probably still get up Brandywine if you don't mind riding some rocks. Callaghan was slushy last weekend. Hard to say if you can still cross it or not.

D

Dock

Dec 4, 2007
Langley BC
how far up do you have to go? I heard 3 km up rutherford but if we could get up brandywine that would be sweet

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
You'll have to go a lot further than 3K up Rutherford. In fact, I think Rutherford is pretty much done now. Sounds like the creeks have pretty well opened up.

By now, you'll drive almost to the warming hut up Brandywine. It's a steep, rough, SOB. Most of the last traverse across the open hillside past the warming hut will probably be melted out this week. Bring your mosquito and bear repellent.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
May 31. Brandywine access is still decent. Little trailers or deck only.
Massive slides to bare ground......use your knowledge and enjoy the ride.:D
:beer;
RS

IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2291.jpg IMG_2308.jpg

C
Jan 25, 2009
hey climbmax

what was your route, past the sled cabin to the rental bowl? would like to see ring mountain and little ring mountain still. its a volcano thing. what about huge avalanches blocking anything?

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
parked just below the cabin and rode into Brandywine bowl. There were 3-4 slids we rode accross.....no worries as they were massive bared to the ground.......so nothing left to come down. should be able to head there for another few weeks.
RS

Premium Features