• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 powder special 600efi-cuts out in powder

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
Here is the question- I start it up-idles fine. Warm it up for awhile-fine.
I took off in the backyard today-about a foot of powder.
Got about 200 yards- wants to cut out and almost quit.
I stopped-let it idle -fine-
took off again-hit the powder- cuts out again.
lifted the hood up-snow inside the eng compartment,on top of air box, and on the trottle body.
Is this causing my delema?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Make sure the throttle cable is adjusted right and not to loose. Also check the little washer on the throttle pin. Both are known trouble makers. Hope this helps.

M
Apr 15, 2008
Brigham City
Had the same problem, it was the internal safety switch, uplug it and see if your problem goes away. Due to the viberation over a period of time it will not operate as it did when new. Its a safety feature that cat puts in and I don't think they ever work right, I beleive, if yours is the three wire you can cut the middle wire and your kill switch will still work, if it's a two wire not sure how to get around it to make your kill switch still work...ideas anyone? Hope this helps.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
just make sure that you tape, or heat-shrink your wire so that it doesn't ground out, otherwise it will be like hitting the kill switch.

Premium Features