For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Currently: I want snow
Basic Member
frozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond repute
Cool 98 powder special 600-belt and clutch ???

I just picked up this sled today, new to me. The wife will hopefully enjoy it. Anyway- As I was cleaning the sled up, I noticed the belt that is on there is a 0627-010- the 2 new spares are 0627-020-
I have no book on this one-can someone help?
What is the diff on the 2 belts???

Also looking more closey on the primary clutch- after I got some grime off, I did find about 5 to 6 very small -almost looks like stress cracks about 1/8 to 1/4 " down by the eng side , very close to the bottom of the inside sheave.

Is this something to worry about at all???

Frozen North

ps/ I did see some flakes today!!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
BordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond reputeBordnBill has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the difference between the two belts, but I know the 020 is the belt for the PS. As far as the cracks, I had a few on my last clutch and I have a few on this newer clutch. Maybe just little cracks from heat and cold? Monitor the cracks to make sure they don't get bigger. On my last clutch, they stayed the same size althrough the season.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Basic Member
Spike7ss is on a distinguished roadSpike7ss is on a distinguished roadSpike7ss is on a distinguished road

I have the shop manual for a 99 powder special, and the 500 and 600s should have the 0627-020 belt. Should be the same for a 98.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:38 PM
mountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond reputemountaincat 800 has a reputation beyond repute

The 010 is the same as the 020 just a softer compound.
Atleast thats what I've been told.
'18 Axys Pro RMK 800, '17 M8000 Limited, '17 Axys Pro RMK 800 '15 Pro RMK 800 '14 Pro RMK 800 '12 Pro RMK 800 '10 M8 Sno Pro '09 M8 Limited '07 Avalanche Survivor '06 M7 153 LE '04 King Cat '03.5 Mountain Cat 900 '01 Mountain Cat 800 '96 ZRT600 '91 EXT Special '87 Eltigre' 5000 '81 Eltigre' 5000

Old 10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Currently: I want snow
Basic Member
frozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond reputefrozen north has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are awsome......
So if the 010 is softer- that means it grips better but won't last as long?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
diggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond repute

The softer compound of the 10 grips without as much spring force, but is not a good belt to use on a mountain sled. It is made for lower HP sleds on the trail. Use the 20. Take the clutch apart and check the bushings and rollers. They were short lived and needed to be replaced quite often. Either that or look for a good buy on duct tape for the hole in the belly pan where the clutch parts went though!