• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Head and Reeds installation tips.

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
I did a search but I'm looking for some instruction or tips on installing heads and Boyesen reeds on an M8000. Do I drain the coolant first? Head bolt torque and pattern? Reeds look like they will need throttle bodies and air box removed?

Lacombe08

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2017
Hey Duff,

Is your M8000 an ES model? If yes, one of the reed bolts will need to be cut off of grind the ES bracket to allow removed. Yes the throttle body needs to be removed (I recommend you pinch the coolant hose before removing it to prevent coolant leak), as far as the airbox goes you simply need to push it forward and you have enough room.

I did a search but I'm looking for some instruction or tips on installing heads and Boyesen reeds on an M8000. Do I drain the coolant first? Head bolt torque and pattern? Reeds look like they will need throttle bodies and air box removed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta

The head is torqued to 25 lbs ft in a criss cross pattern. Start with the four in the middle and work your way out. Yes drain the coolant first.

Premium Features