• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
From my experience you cant beat the longevity and dependability of the 600 e-tech. I have had 5 of them that I rode 7500 to over 8500 miles. Belt life was also excellent with a typical 4500 miles on a belt and on the 17 Summit 600 e-tech I never replaced the belt and I turned the sled back in with 8700 miles. The 600 e-tech Summits should work good for your wife's riding style.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Electric start and some type of hand guards to keep hands warm there all good options. Setup is key for their weight that includes ski pressure. I would go 800 then you would have a backup also.

B
Dec 26, 2017
Alright, so with all the frosty mornings I've been waking up to, it's time to start getting serious about finding the new ride for my lady (ya, i'll probably be taking it for a rip now and then too :face-icon-small-hap). Browsing some local ads, these two seem to fit the bill. We've already boarded the skidoo train so I figure I might as well keep it rolling. This sled seems like a nice purchase. low miles and some good upgrades:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/snw/d/2011-skidoo-summit-800-etec/6728449437.html

2011 SkiDoo Summit X 800 Etec 154 - $4900
-1812 Miles
-Top end replaced at 1600 miles by Lynwood Motoplex. Nothing wrong with it, there was just a warranty recall, so had it replaced. Motor is next to new!
-SLP Can
-Big Wheel Kit
-LinQ Brackett
-New Spare Belt
-Snowboard/Ski Rack
-CFR Boondocker 2.0 Bars(New)
-CFR 6" Riser(New)
-Electric Start
-Heated Grips/Throttle/Seat
-New in box "heavy duty" torsion springs

But I wonder if a 600 would be better for her. She doesn't really tap into all the power of her current 800. This one is listed at $1200 less but pretty high mileage.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/snw/d/2009-ski-doo-summit-600xp/6726139600.html

2009 Ski Doo Summit 600 REVXP E-Tech Snowmobile
Electric Start
154" track
6575.6 Gentle miles
2.75" track
New Cover
Ice scrapers
Heated Handlebar Bag
Powder Keg rear hard trunk.

Selling for my Aunt and Uncle who live in Twisp.
My Uncle is 75 and can't ride any more. That's him in the picture behind my Aunt.
This sled has only been ridden by my Uncle.
Always stored inside an enclosed trailer.
Excellent condition. This is not high miles for a E-Tech engine.

What would you all be looking out for/running away from with either of these purchases? Thanks in advance!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Alright, so with all the frosty mornings I've been waking up to, it's time to start getting serious about finding the new ride for my lady (ya, i'll probably be taking it for a rip now and then too :face-icon-small-hap). Browsing some local ads, these two seem to fit the bill. We've already boarded the skidoo train so I figure I might as well keep it rolling. This sled seems like a nice purchase. low miles and some good upgrades:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/snw/d/2011-skidoo-summit-800-etec/6728449437.html

2011 SkiDoo Summit X 800 Etec 154 - $4900
-1812 Miles
-Top end replaced at 1600 miles by Lynwood Motoplex. Nothing wrong with it, there was just a warranty recall, so had it replaced. Motor is next to new!
-SLP Can
-Big Wheel Kit
-LinQ Brackett
-New Spare Belt
-Snowboard/Ski Rack
-CFR Boondocker 2.0 Bars(New)
-CFR 6" Riser(New)
-Electric Start
-Heated Grips/Throttle/Seat
-New in box "heavy duty" torsion springs

But I wonder if a 600 would be better for her. She doesn't really tap into all the power of her current 800. This one is listed at $1200 less but pretty high mileage.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/snw/d/2009-ski-doo-summit-600xp/6726139600.html

2009 Ski Doo Summit 600 REVXP E-Tech Snowmobile
Electric Start
154" track
6575.6 Gentle miles
2.75" track
New Cover
Ice scrapers
Heated Handlebar Bag
Powder Keg rear hard trunk.

Selling for my Aunt and Uncle who live in Twisp.
My Uncle is 75 and can't ride any more. That's him in the picture behind my Aunt.
This sled has only been ridden by my Uncle.
Always stored inside an enclosed trailer.
Excellent condition. This is not high miles for a E-Tech engine.

What would you all be looking out for/running away from with either of these purchases? Thanks in advance!

If these are your only choices … The 800 because the engine has at least 1500 miles before an overhaul. Newer sled. The 2009 is too expensive with 6700 miles.

I would seriously consider a newer year chassis for the 600. If you do consider the 600 get a compression check with the engine cold AND warm. Plus the rubber and bearings might be wearing out.

Does the 800 have a warranty on the "rebuilt" engine? when was the primary clutch serviced?

IMHO I think they both have the same amount of miles / hours left in them BUT the 800 engine is fairly new.

Premium Features