• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch side plug foul 2000 mtn max700

A
Mar 3, 2012
At end of first ride noticed what seemed like fouled plug. Next ride changed plugs. 25 miles all good then lost power at 7000 rpm acting like not running on all 3. Stoped inspected plugs clutch side seemed a little wet changed that plug good again for a short while. All fuel drained fresh added, carbs inspected cleaned, (nothing found),comp 115/118/118! Any ideas why this is happening???

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
check all the coil wiring....i have seen a broken wire on one of these coils cause a similar issue. and check the plug wires and caps too.

A
Mar 3, 2012
Clutch side plug foul 2000 mtn max

So I replaced plug wire/ coil clutch side, plug foul stopped. Went to mtn when hill climbing seemed to have a slight miss at times. Also noticed when desending at idle then to power would act as though had little hiccups not a clean accell!! Then on last run it really had a pop and loss of power spooked me. Shut it down checked plugs, all fine! Made it back to rig seemed ok except for slight miss at times. Not sure what's going on any thoughts?? Thanks!!!

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
You said you changed the wire/coil but did you also replace the cap? Also be sure to use the solid tip plugs and not the screw on tip style.
Is your TORS system still hooked up? If so overide it and see if problem persists.

mark

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2001
Wyoming
pilot jets

Did you put larger pilot jets in it for some reason? Pilot jets got me one time.

Premium Features