• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HERE YA GO 2012 CATS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
yes, these are the weights we have on paper here in Sweden. Don't know if it's dry weight or crate weight.

Here you can see the model sheet for Sweden and in the red field the weights are listed, in KG.!

Crusty82 I don't know if this is true. But i have heard that these weights aren't real. The new proclimb are 20lbs lighter than last years m8.

Well, then our spec sheet is lying to us buyers?

IMO I think I's good that AC don't shave of to much weight on the sled, just look at poo and doo, they will and have gaind weight over the years, while AC have, hopefuly a stong and reliable chassie that can be improved over the following years and lose some weight.

vikt.JPG

E
Feb 14, 2008
Luleå, Sweden
interesting thing i noticed... it appears that the spindle is all one piece... so the whole spindle turns and not just a shaft in the spindle... essentially putting the ball joint on double duty... making them do both the up and down motion for bumps and the stearing input. not sure ive ever seen that before on a sled

Doo has been using it since -03, Poo since -05, and Yammi since -07 or -08...
So, nothing new to the market, but finally AC got it right.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Crusty82 I don't know if this is true. But i have heard that these weights aren't real. The new proclimb are 20lbs lighter than last years m8.

Well, then our spec sheet is lying to us buyers?

IMO I think I's good that AC don't shave of to much weight on the sled, just look at poo and doo, they will and have gaind weight over the years, while AC have, hopefuly a stong and reliable chassie that can be improved over the following years and lose some weight.

Poos IQ never really gained any weight and it is a strong chassis. The new Proride is a lot more rigid and I don't believe it gained any weight from last year. Maybe a pound or less.

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
I just talked to a dealer and the Those weights are for overseas, they have way more emition stuff on them so they weigh more. She informed me that the m8 is 163, 3 pounds more than lastyear becuase of the new drive shaft and the m11000 turbo crated is 590 # but the crate weighs right at about a 100# ! That puts it in at 490-500#

Seriously, re-read your post and then tell me it makes sense...

If the new M8 weighs more than the old M8 and the 1100T motor weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 pounds more than the M8 motor, without all the different mounting hardware that is required....they are exactly the same chassis this year just different motors and mounting hardware wouldnt that put the weight somewhere in the 540 range....not to mention that the sheer idea of your "friend" saying she knows the weight becasue she is a dealer is just as obsurd.....the final production models havnt been released yet...which is why there is no Arctic Cat Posted Weights.

E
Feb 14, 2008
Luleå, Sweden
I just talked to a dealer and the Those weights are for overseas, they have way more emition stuff on them so they weigh more.

Your dealer must do the homework.
Here in Europe we don't have any emission stuff on our sleds, also there is not existing any EPA regulations and stuff like that over here, for example Poo did have diffrent map that did not meet the EPA regulations on the european sleds to work out the bog on the old 800... Our sleds look's exactly like your's do (except the -12 XF will have the 141" PC track)

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I just talked to a dealer and the Those weights are for overseas, they have way more emition stuff on them so they weigh more. She informed me that the m8 is 163, 3 pounds more than lastyear becuase of the new drive shaft and the m11000 turbo crated is 590 # but the crate weighs right at about a 100# ! That puts it in at 490-500#

DOES NOT include crate...thats the "wet" or "shipped" weight short gas (if even an accurate #)....BJ

Last edited:
Premium Features